Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-red/Black/CF/Grey 21' VERSUS Black/Black/CF/Silver 21'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

akeyani

May 19, 2012
Hello,

I'm just about to finalize my order for the new Model S P85+. I've spent the last 3 days going back and forth between the black/black/cf/Silver and the red/black/cf/grey. Both are beautiful cars, in their own way. The black is sleek, professional and stylish whilst the red is more sexy, stands out and hopefully not as common around these parts (Norway) than the more anonymous black.

I just can't make up my mind and I'm hoping you guys can share your 2 cents regarding these to color combinations. I'd especially love some feedback from owners of these combinations (black/black/CF/silver and red/black/CF/grey).

Both will be equipped with the pano roof, CF-spoiler, Performance+, and all the other bells and whistles (expet for the child seats).

Here are some questions I'd love to have had answered:

1. Is it true that it's easier to keep the red one clean than the average black car?

2. For those of you who have red cars, how long have you had the red one? Do you feel at all as if you are starting to get tired of the bright red color?

3. I have yet to find any pictures of the red on during night. Anyone got any to share?

4. For those of you with grey wheels, do you regret getting the grey wheels instead of the silver ones?

5. Do you think that toning down the chrome parts on a Model S with grey wheels is a must?

6. It hasn't been easy finding video that show the grey wheels in motion. What I really like with the silver ones is that they come off as huge on the car since they are of a lighter color than the car itself. I'm afraid that the grey ones would somehow feel/look slightly smaller, especially from a distance where one might not be able to distinguish the rim from the rubber. Also the silver ones omit a cool turbine effect when driving in slower speeds. Thes effect is not as visible on the grey ones.

7. Is it true that the grey wheels dont show dirt as much as the silver ones?

8. I live in a country where we dont get a lot of summer of sun for that matter (Norway). We get mostly rain and of course snow in wintertime. Lot of cloudy days etc. Would you recommend the red color in a country with not that many sunny days?

9. Have you seen many cars on the road with your color combination?

10. Is there absolutely anything you regret with this color combo? Any disadvantages that you hadn't thought of before getting this combo?

Lastly, I know that I should make up my own mind, but I'd love for you guys to post your personal preference if you'd have to chose of of these two color combinations :)

As you may understand I'm really curious about the red color combo, but I'm just too nervous that I might make a huge mistake and regret it only a short time after recieving the car. The black/black is a much safer bet, one which I will definately be happy with, but even though it's nice looking as hell it doesn't stand out like the red one does and it doesn't have the same sporty look either, plus all of my previous cars (except the Roadster) have been black.

I really hope that as many as possible can share their views on this subject, preferably today since I have to finalize my order to get the promised rebates and also to keep my sequence number.

Had my red for two months and still love it. I'm biased, though, I've had red cars for the last 20 years. I was worried about red on such a large car but it's not an issue at all. Sparkles in the sun, still striking in the shade.

This is a personal preference thing, have you had a red car before?

Very easy to keep clean, I imagine more so than a black one.

Obviously this is a personal preference, but I have had many red cars before and chose this color because black is so hard to keep clean, which will be an issue where you live. The interior and wheels are up to you, I liked the tan interior and the silver wheels. I can tell you that everywhere I go there is a comment on the multi-coat red. Even people who are not red types love this red, they go gaga over it. My other choices where white, my wife says boring, silver which is lovely. No blue we have had 3 blue cars in the last 30 years. Also I have not seen any other reds where I live, so it is special.

I just saw a mc red on my way back from lunch and it was simply stunning. If it was available when I ordered mine I would absolutely have it no questions asked. I have the black and, when clean, it is gorgeous. Needless to say, I clean it religiously.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I debated over the same two choices, and finally decided to go MC Red with black interior and grey wheels. Even if I hadn't seen it in real life. I just trusted the numerous testimonies that tell " this is the most beautiful red, ever". So thank you American Model S owners for convincing me. I am counting the days to my P+, with all the bells and whistles, arrives in Norway.

We've had this exact Red combo for 2 months and absolutely love it! The chrome and cf spoiler look great with the red and grey wheel combo. Only mods we have done are xpel wrap and Alloygator rim protectors. We waited an extra 6 months until red was available, and have no regrets whatsoever.

Edit: forgot to mention that we have received numerous compliments on how nice the grey wheels look with the beautiful red, and even the statement that it's the nicest set of wheels ever!

Last edited: