Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multifactor Authentication Finally Coming to Tesla Accounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GolanB

Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2018
NYC
d0685bcf-3a8e-4623-b2a6-b1d9de7d5afc.jpg

I'm glad that Tesla is taking steps to improve security, but there are still a number of gaps that need to be addressed. I was impressed that Elon showed up at last year's Blackhat conference in LV to launch an official bug-bounty program. On the other hand, I am a little surprised that Tesla does not have a full-time CISO on staff. I spent a few days with Tesla's former CIO while visiting China (who incidentally joined NIO), and we spent some time discussing automotive security in general (nothing specific to Tesla). Tesla is still ahead of most manufacturers in this respect.

There was an update somewhat recently where Elon mentioned internal systems were being worked on, and then MFA would be added for customers. Sort of makes we wonder if we're all in a massive LDAP or AD OU. Also makes me wonder if they're going to roll their own MFA or partner with a vendor, and if so who.

There was an update somewhat recently where Elon mentioned internal systems were being worked on, and then MFA would be added for customers. Sort of makes we wonder if we're all in a massive LDAP or AD OU. Also makes me wonder if they're going to roll their own MFA or partner with a vendor, and if so who.
When I saw Elon said that, made we wonder if Tesla doesn't use MFA for employee login today. As clearly, folks with access to Tesla's internal network should be using MFA before customer do.

Reactions: DrDabbles
When I saw Elon said that, made we wonder if Tesla doesn't use MFA for employee login today. As clearly, folks with access to Tesla's internal network should be using MFA before customer do.

MFA should literally be a requirement for any business anywhere doing anything. I'm so tired of seeing credential compromises leading to data theft.

Reactions: Janus