TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Multiple brake(?) error message

Discussion in 'Model S' started by R0B1N, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. R0B1N

R0B1N New Member

Hi Everyone!

We have quite a disturbing issue @ 4k miles total mileage in our Model S.

After a drive of 100 miles I have parked the car. After half an hour I have sat in the car, and stepped on the brake pedal for around 1-2 minutes while talking to someone near the car. After I have pulled the 'transmission' lever to D, and suddenly five error messages appeared on the screen. These were:

1. Regenrative braking disabled
    2. ABS needs service
    3. Stability control disabled
    4. Traction control disabled
    5. Automatic emergency braking is disabled

Of course all extras related to cameras and sensors are disabled...

Tried already the Power off method via Controls menu, and a hard reset for display software - neither helped.

Did someone encounter the same issue and have been solved without a repair shop visit? Mine would be 200 miles and 1 month away..

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Robin

2. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Stepping on the brake pedal for 1-2 minutes should not cause any sort of damage to the car.

3. tbdd

tbdd New Member

Hi Robin,

Did you manage to brake the car normally ?

4. gde_eu

gde_eu Member

Yes, had that after ~2000 miles 3 years ago. It was a defective ABS sensor that was changed by Tesla. No problem since.

Same senario as you but it happen the first time when I was driving at highway speed (Tesla remotly check the car and said I can continue driving being carefull with brake as I don't have any security system working). After that it was a bit random, sometime works, sometimes not. Tesla take care of all that within a week.

• Helpful x 1
  5. cantanko

cantanko Member

+1 for the ABS sensor - it's used for all of the listed systems on many cars, not just Teslas.

6. gde_eu

gde_eu Member

BTW, I'm 150 miles from the SC and Tesla tooks the car from home with a flatbed truck (and bring a loaner on that same truck). Didn't need to go myself to the SC.

7. R0B1N

R0B1N New Member

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the info!

ABS sensor :D

Robin

• Like x 1