Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple dangerous Autopilot regressions observed after accepted to FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I have never experienced anything like that at all. Looking at my log, I've driven over 6,000 miles on fsd beta and don't have a single strike (driving an MX) and I don't get phantom braking.
My Model S on AP or FSDb and on rural roads drives like a 15-yr old with restless leg syndrome, but my wife's Model X is smooth as silk and well behaved. The difference is like night and day. I'm very curious as to why that is.

My Model S on AP or FSDb and on rural roads drives like a 15-yr old with restless leg syndrome, but my wife's Model X is smooth as silk and well behaved. The difference is like night and day. I'm very curious as to why that is.
Im sure the answer involves stacks and "just wait until its all on one stack then all will be fixed"

I would recommend washing your car, then re-calibrate your cameras, then setup AP/NoA/FSD settings (calibration wipes them), and brake pedal reboot your car. See if it behaves better after that. Some people experience odd AP/FSD problems, but after a proper calibration find their situation improves. It may not solve your issue, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I would recommend washing your car, then re-calibrate your cameras, then setup AP/NoA/FSD settings (calibration wipes them), and brake pedal reboot your car. See if it behaves better after that. Some people experience odd AP/FSD problems, but after a proper calibration find their situation improves. It may not solve your issue, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Thanks, but I've done all that more than once. I've got a good chance of things getting better on Aug 4. Tesla service is replacing the computer and several other items after it became possessed and systems started failing right & left. At the moment all I have is a fast manually-driven car.

Reactions: Dewg
That is bizarre.
Same computer two different cars one jerky as a 15 year old and the other smooth as glass

Do both cars have FSD beta? Is the Model X running TeslaVision? Model S/X only went to TeslaVision earlier this year. One easy way to tell is max Autopilot speed on the older radar stack is 90mph and it's 85mph with vision-only stack.

OP, I have had the same problem as you. Several trips across New Mexico pre-FSD, and no problems. Last trip with FSD (EAP on the highway), and LOTS of severe phantom braking. I ended up "turning off" FSD when I got home. I haven't traveled much since then so I don't know if that helped or not. Very frustrating!