Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery today (MYLR) - 2 min down the road from the DC, got the cascade of errors. As I’m trying to figure out what the issue is I notice I’m driving the car straight as an arrow and the steering wheel is clearly misaligned. UGH! So frustrating to have a car with 11 miles on it misaligned. 🤬
Did you try letting the car shut down and lock? Leave it for a few minutes. This actually happened to me again when I was trying to exit Dynomode and I let it shut off and lock. I left it for a bit and when I restarted it was fine. As far as the wheel is concerned, mine may be slightly off as well but it's hard to tell because of the curve of the dash and it's not triggering my OCD... :cool: . The car tracks straight - if you really had an alignment issue, it would pull one way or the other.

Just took delivery today (MYLR) - 2 min down the road from the DC, got the cascade of errors. As I’m trying to figure out what the issue is I notice I’m driving the car straight as an arrow and the steering wheel is clearly misaligned. UGH! So frustrating to have a car with 11 miles on it misaligned. 🤬
Same happened to me! Picked up my brand new model 3 LR on Wednesday, tested out supercharging on Thursday and a few miles after that, I started seeing warnings on my screen. The next day (Friday), the list of errors was even longer (front motor temporarily disabled, ABS disabled, regen disabled, etc.) and the car wouldn't drive at all. It got towed and I am now waiting until Monday to see what the SC says it is. It honestly really crushed my trust in the quality of my new car. I am really hoping this will get taken care of for good. A little scary to see people this has happened to on the freeway!

Same happened to me! Picked up my brand new model 3 LR on Wednesday, tested out supercharging on Thursday and a few miles after that, I started seeing warnings on my screen. The next day (Friday), the list of errors was even longer (front motor temporarily disabled, ABS disabled, regen disabled, etc.) and the car wouldn't drive at all. It got towed and I am now waiting until Monday to see what the SC says it is. It honestly really crushed my trust in the quality of my new car. I am really hoping this will get taken care of for good. A little scary to see people this has happened to on the freeway!
Did you do a reset or power down? When I did this after a similar incident last year, it reset and has worked fine since.

Had this happen to me for the second time in a month. 2020 MYLR. I really think it has to be software more than hardware. Maybe its the new version 11 software doing this.

For both times, to get my car working again, I simply went into the settings menu, and changed the wheels to something different, like 20” inductions. That resets the car and it worked again. (Of course I have to remember to change it back to Gemini’s later). Don’t want to keep having to do this though. Each time it happens its like losing half my brakes and manual steering is a pain to turn the car. Scheduled a tesla service visit but it won’t be for another two weeks.

I hope it doesn’t happen again!

Reactions: In_the_process
Damn, that is frustrating! I'm very thankful to all of the good folks on this forum, and the other automotive forums (GM-Volt, and Prius) that I've been a member of. We support each other in ways that were impossible 15 years ago. This multiple failure mode probably should be reported to NHTSA to elevate it to get the attention it deserves. It has never happened to us, but I'm glad that I now know that it exists. Thanks to each of you for reporting!

Reactions: In_the_process
Alright! I finally got my car back yesterday! They replaced the heat pump and the front harness, which took over a month due to supply chain delays. I did get a loaner in the meantime, so I wasn't in a mad rush to get it back, but I am so happy I finally did! Drove pretty much all day after picking it up and no issues came up so far. Hopefully everything that needed to go wrong already did.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I got my car back yesterday after only one day in the Tesla service. It was a bad right front wheel speed sensor. Was pretty fast turnaround and they didn’t mention anything about the aftermarket MPP coilovers (which was good). We’ll see if it fixed the problem. Didn’t get a loaner car, but did get $800 worth of uber credit, of course for such a short time I used it for Uber Lux, their most *luxurious* service, expecting a Bentley or Rolls. Instead got an Escalade……. For $200.00 a ride, I expected a little more than that but I guess that’s how Uber works.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
The same stories happened to me. I took possession of 2021 model s on October 2021. I month later all multi errors discussed happened. Tesla Center had it in the shop for 10 days. They changed cable harness. It drove nicely for 3 months. Then it happened again. Over the week end the car started fine and the errors dissappeares. I took it back. The report was bad front speed sensor and it was ordered. The part has not been replaced yet. 3 weeks later the same error and I am taking it again to the service Center this Friday

The same stories happened to me. I took possession of 2021 model s on October 2021. I month later all multi errors discussed happened. Tesla Center had it in the shop for 10 days. They changed cable harness. It drove nicely for 3 months. Then it happened again. Over the week end the car started fine and the errors dissappeares. I took it back. The report was bad front speed sensor and it was ordered. The part has not been replaced yet. 3 weeks later the same error and I am taking it again to the service Center this Friday
I somehow get the feeling the speed sensors need to be redesigned for better quality. When they fail the consequences can be severe (loss of power steering, power assisted brakes, etc)

So I installed a yoke last night and then today received the same errors plus horn and steering wheel controls disabled. Maybe I misaligned the sensors as well as others have mentioned. Love the yoke but I need my regen braking back and autopilot.

Attachments

• 20220402_124633.jpg
    20220402_124633.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 113
Add me to this list...my '22 MYLR Ryzen has had this oddity more times than I care for. I've read posts about the speed/wheel sensor and front motor being replaced but in my case, tech support is declining the service visits detailing that this is a known "software" issue and will be fixed in a future OTA update.

I've had this happen while parked, while in auto-hold when driving but at a stop sign, in motion/driving and in motion/autopilot.

The barrage of errors and the lack of power when this happens is really annoying but I am usually in city driving where its easy (but inconvient) to pull over, lock the car, wait a minute and then the errors are cleared (support told me this is just as good/quick as doing the two button/two button and brake reset procedure).

Have now had this happen across many version of the code (am on 2022.12.3.1 currently) and it has happened two days in a row in some cases, and others, 2 weeks between experiencing it.

Your post covers the most like what I'm seeing, so pasting my screenshot here (I take a copy of each cleared example to share when I create my next service ticket.

1651265762712.png

BTW: although the loss of power is pretty intense, its nothing to compared to what coasting feels like when regenerative breaking is not working. This car feels like a glider airplane...seems like it coasts with no loss of speed with great aerodynamics/not much drag compared to old cars in my past, it's a trip!