Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple inverter solar production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried so many configs I have double cts and I cannot get the solar production I am starting to think the solar production is only tied to ct3. Is that possible ? Why would solar producton only be accounted for on ct3 seems mind boggling.

you can see we are dumping more to Powerwall than what solar is generating . I have two solar inverters each powering 4kw systems in Arizona. Just cannot get all the solar production to show up.

Anyone have ideas?

4C7C8255-9CAC-4516-86DD-6AAA3EA3B2DC.png
BBC3F2C4-A165-4D94-B01A-98E9C611C690.jpeg

Really, configuring the CT’s like that is something that tesla or your installer would normally do. Very few of us have been in the installer config and I think even fewer of us have tried to configure multiple CT’s like that. It’s not that no one wants to help, but I suspect that there may not be anyone here who can help you with that config. Is there a reason you aren’t working with tesla or your installer to get this working?

That said, depending on where things are installed in your electrical panel, one other option might be to simply use a single set of CT’s for both inverters. You can run multiple wires through a single CT and it will measure the current flowing through both wires. You just need to make sure that you have the same leg from each inverter running through the same CT. If you have one leg from one inverter and the other leg from the other inverter then instead of adding the current from each inverter they will just cancel each other out. This is how my two inverters are set up since the breakers for both inverters are right next to each other it was easy to put both wires through a single CT.

Really, configuring the CT’s like that is something that tesla or your installer would normally do. Very few of us have been in the installer config and I think even fewer of us have tried to configure multiple CT’s like that. It’s not that no one wants to help, but I suspect that there may not be anyone here who can help you with that config. Is there a reason you aren’t working with tesla or your installer to get this working?

That said, depending on where things are installed in your electrical panel, one other option might be to simply use a single set of CT’s for both inverters. You can run multiple wires through a single CT and it will measure the current flowing through both wires. You just need to make sure that you have the same leg from each inverter running through the same CT. If you have one leg from one inverter and the other leg from the other inverter then instead of adding the current from each inverter they will just cancel each other out. This is how my two inverters are set up since the breakers for both inverters are right next to each other it was easy to put both wires through a single CT.

To be very frank - Tesla can be very slow to respond and they are just very backed up.
Do you know with your setup, do you see correct solar production daily compared to your powerwall charging production, like its reflecting both inverterts.

And do you know if you plug into Port4 L1 on the Neurio box?
I think if your setup works, then I think I mine should work, just waiting on order a Y Adapter to get everything connected cause I have 2 panel boxes to complicate things.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0873ZYYC4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To be very frank - Tesla can be very slow to respond and they are just very backed up.
Do you know with your setup, do you see correct solar production daily compared to your powerwall charging production, like its reflecting both inverterts.

Yes, my solar production is reported correctly.

And do you know if you plug into Port4 L1 on the Neurio box?
I think if your setup works, then I think I mine should work, just waiting on order a Y Adapter to get everything connected cause I have 2 panel boxes to complicate things.

I don’t know where my CT’s are plugged into the Neurio box. Tesla did the install for me and I haven’t tried to change it or reconfigure it at all. I would think that using the Y adapter and plugging both CT’s into the same port would work for you.

Reactions: blueice89