Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple iPhones, which gets push notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we first got our Model S a week ago, I logged in using the IOS app, and I got push notifications. Then we logged in my wife's iPhone, and still I was the only one that got push notifications.

Later, we logged in our iPad, and it became the device that receives push notifications. They no longer are sent to my phone.

Im an app developer myself, so I fully understand how push notifications work, and Tesla appears to only store one device ID per account. The problem is I can't make sense how it chose the iPad, and I can't seem to make it switch back to another device by logging out and in.

Does anybody know how to get the Tesla servers to push to a different phone?

Answered my own question. It seems that the iPhone app stores that it has registered its push notification, and therefore only registers the very first time you download, run and log in.

So to get a different IOS device that has the Tesla app to become the 'receiver of push notifications', you need to delete the Tesla app from that device and re-download it from the App Store. Then it will register its push notification ID with Tesla's servers, and it will once again be the device that gets push notified.

I have an iPhone and iPad both with the same Apple ID and Tesla login credentials. Both display the same notifications:
iPad:
iPad.jpg

iPhone:
iPhone.jpg

When we first got our Model S a week ago, I logged in using the IOS app, and I got push notifications. Then we logged in my wife's iPhone, and still I was the only one that got push notifications.

Later, we logged in our iPad, and it became the device that receives push notifications. They no longer are sent to my phone.

Im an app developer myself, so I fully understand how push notifications work, and Tesla appears to only store one device ID per account. The problem is I can't make sense how it chose the iPad, and I can't seem to make it switch back to another device by logging out and in.

Does anybody know how to get the Tesla servers to push to a different phone?

Notifications are set locally on each device via the app settings (upper left button...notifications in the Tesla app). Settings can be same or different on each device.

I'm aware of all the settings, and I have them all enabled, plus allowing notifications in the Settings. For some reason that I can't figure out, notifications will only go to one of my multiple devices. And the only way to get it to switch to another device is to reinstall the app on the device that I want to receive the notifications. I have the same configuration as araxara, in that every device uses the same iTunes account, and of course we're all using the same Tesla login, but it just will not send to more than one device.

Hi... anyone could help me with the notification issues ? I recently replaced a new iPhone and after that I no longer receive any notifications of Tesla app. After I tried to re-install the app, Tesla app now is disappear from Setting>Notifications, and inside the Tesla app, Notifications is now "Off" and no way to turn it on again ! Tried to install the app in different iphone, but still the same !!