Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Issue with my Model S lately

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Long Range Model S. The car was great until about July of 2021. I then had a major failure of the engine control module. Had to be towed from our mountain house to the service center. They did fix it and everything was good up until early December of last year. The car malfunctioned again felt like similar weird issues suspension disabled windows wouldn’t work. This time I was able to drive it to a place they could tow it. They towed it didn’t look at it for 3 days when they did said they didn’t find anything wrong. I was traveling on business my wife got the car they did schedule another appt to replace the 12v battery and 12v module? We took the car on a road trip to Aspen my daughter was ski racing there. The car totally died again. I couldn’t get in the car to get all our luggage out totally stranded. I did realize I could get in through the hatch so at least we got everything but stranded yet again. Why on earth did they give the car back when they thought this component needed to be replaced?
My question I need help is when they picked it up using roadside assistance those guys towing it 3 hours from Aspen to Denver didn’t properly secure it correctly. I finally got the car back 2 weeks later after replacing the stupid 12v Module. That evening we got snow and my car is allover the road. I then drove it to the mountain house it drove fine until we got snow then I stressed as it moved around the road on ice and snow. I created a service appt because it just didn’t seem right eventhough i just got the damn thing back. I also got an alert my coolant was low as well. Of course support suggested I have it towed yet again.

Long story short the damn towing company tied down the vehicle around the tie rods totally bent them and somehow busted the coolant pump because it is leaking. I had the car towed to yet another Tesla Service Center where they just said wow did you get in an accident with this car you need to go to a body shop. Super frustating asked to speak with a manager which never called. I’m the only one that drives this car I wasn’t in any accident. I sent it off to an indepentant shop since Tesla Service was no help at all. I did just open a claim with roadside assistance.

I have two questions:
1. Anyone dealt with towing damage issues and does Tesla actually take responsability?
2. Do you think I have a lemon? I have had two major issues with modules maybe my luck will improve moving forward. Currently will not take this car on any kind of a road trip since you are just left stranded as your car gets towed to the nearest service center.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric