Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ttached is a reading of the 12V, same pattern (it's a brand new 12V)...
Bizarre. Obviously at this point you have changed your Tesla password and not given access back to anything, too. No access by anything.

Only time I ever saw anything like this was when I had Stats enabled (which is why I have disabled it for two years while it is being “fixed”). And even then it was not the same as what you see.

Anyway, here is normal:

9B58EA18-F922-4CCF-8F94-EFE208570B65.png

I had a similar situation around March-May time frame.
Likely introduced by one of the OTA software updates (there is a definite downside to the needlessly frequent and poorly tested updates).
Likely remedied by one of the May/June updates.

I am not certain if Canadian market gets updates on the same timeframe as the US.

Time to look into the "lemon law" provisions in BC?
I think you've given Tesla SC enough tries to resolve the issue...

a
Appreciate you providing this info. I wonder if mine is FW related or something else, my screen also goes black from time to time before starting a drive and takes about 3-4 mins to come online...

I just moved to Toronto and I'm now on my second appointment with Tesla Mississauga (had about 4 or 5 with Tesla Victoria, BC). The staff here are much better and they've been very cooperative. As of today, they've taken my car to monitor this issue and keep it overnight. I've been given an LR RWD loaner so I'll see what they come up with, funny enough its like VIN 322XXX and the build quality is shoddier than mine (029XXX). I had this issue occur around end of Jan, but it triggered weeks after the last update. It didn't present itself immediately after an OTA per say. I've had multiple updates since. Currently on 2022.16.3. I think the US/CAN builds are quite similar minus a few things like Summon range etc.

I'd like to see what the folks here turn up with. They have honoured every service visit related to this issue as under warranty (even though I'm past my 4 years). Haven't had a single issue with build quality, paint, or suspension on my car so I'd like to keep "Kuzco" if I can lol.

Bizarre. Obviously at this point you have changed your Tesla password and not given access back to anything, too. No access by anything.

Only time I ever saw anything like this was when I had Stats enabled (which is why I have disabled it for two years while it is being “fixed”). And even then it was not the same as what you see.

Anyway, here is normal:

View attachment 831029

Yeah, the car does this weird behaviour even if I turn off Mobile Access in the car. Definitely not an external ping causing this. I took TeslaFi and TeslaMate offline as soon as the issue became apparent. PW has been reset maybe 5 or 6 times in the last few months. Hoping that they find the culprit. I'm starting to suspect my MCU to some degree. Car takes a while to bring the screen on-line at times like ~4mins even with a drive initiated. Sometimes the car takes forever to wake up (suspect when this black screen issue is occurring, and I'm trying to access it remotely).

Boy I would do anything for a 12V readout like that, feels like an eternity.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Tesla found my VC_FRONT or Front Body Controller to be faulty. I've got an appointment (pending the part availability) for it to be replaced. Will report back if it does fix my issue. Logically speaking it makes sense (but so have some previous fixes). VC_FRONT receives a connection from the 12V battery as per Ingeenerix's tear down and it's very plausible that one of the MOSFETs/Caps just crapped out and keeps draining the 12V. Thought it's rare on solid state architecture but I do have an early model I guess...

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The parts finally arrived on October 7th. Turns out it wasn't just the VC_FRONT module. They replaced all controllers in the front of the car. A front left, front right, and the main front controller about $1250CAD of work honoured under warranty. It didn't fix the issue.

After a few more service visits, they put me in touch with their master technician. They showed logs that are showing a ton of remote requests that aren't being identified by Tesla's API. I don't have any 3rd party apps and I've reset my password dozens of times now, but we still went through a bunch of steps to reset the API tokens and I even left the car with them so they could monitor it. Nothing changed.

What baffles me is the car does this even in an underground garage where there's no cellular signal. So to say it's a remote request doesn't sound right to me. It seems more like a corruption or some core part of the car's OS being stuck in a rogue, looping process...

For now it's been escalated and they said they're working with "Engineering" to troubleshoot the fault.

I'm guessing they have a few more tools at their disposal.

Reactions: phishphan
After a few weeks of remote diagnosis from the engineering team, they began troubleshooting the issue to see if it was a fleet wide issue affecting VINs in my range. They however didn't confirm that they saw this behaviour in other VINs close to mine (029XXX). Engineering recommended a full car computer/MCU replacement to start.

I asked them if I'd be waiting a while for parts since my vehicle is HW 2.5, and 3.0 parts must be more common by now. Requested them to send me a quote to upgrade me to HW 3.0 if they could. They did me one better and gave it to me at no cost. [This work wasn't even invoiced or booked as an appt]

Gave me a 2023 RWD loaner with less than 1000kms. It was interesting seeing all the changes from the first models like mine (lack of USS is annoying though). I'd pay anything for the heated wheel and matrix LEDs. The heated wiper is definitely useful here in Canada when we get a blast of freezing rain or snow followed by sub-zero temps.

The repair took a day and I got the a car back yesterday. For the first time in almost a year, as I approached the vehicle, I could hear the HV contactors engage only upon opening the vehicle/via waking through the app. I'll continue to monitor for the week, but it looks like the case may be finally solved. I will mention that the sleep/wake behaviour increased drastically in frequency in the last 2 months.

Here's a screenshot of how much more frequent those wakes were:

unnamed.png

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
I have a late 2018 Model 3 and had the same issue with the display and managed to get it replaced under warranty. I also had a screen protector but the tech didn't say anything about it.

Current Issues:
PCS Failing. (32/48amps)
Groaning from front left suspension after tesla resealed. Only occurs in cold weather (below 45f). (started at 40k) Told it was in "normal".

Past Issues:
Display Delamination at 45k
Contactor failure at 65k
Driver Seat motor for vertical adjustment at 39k

Reactions: kayrish