Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple problems with Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my model S for just over 4 years - and the honeymoon is certainly over! It's an expensive car and a supposedly premium brand, so :
1) Why doesn't voice command work reliably?
2) Why are the mapped speed limits so out of date and wrong?
3) Why is regen braking ineffective whenever the temperature drops below about 12 degrees C?
4) Why doesn't Tesla Roadside Assistance last for the life of the car, or at least the first owner, as it does for Mercedes/BMW?
5) Why isn't the car valeted as part of a service visit?
6) Why does Spotify access keep failing, requiring a soft reset?

Is there any way to bring these, and all the other faults reported on this site, to the attention of someone senior in Tesla UK? Instead of faffing around creating new toys in the toybox, shouldn't Tesla concentrate on making its features work properly. My wife has a Kia eNiro (EV). It cost less than half the price of my model S, and does all the above perfectly.

I will answer question 3. No lithium battery will accept a charge below a certain temperature unless you want to damage it. Regen is recharging the battery from the weight of the car being slowed down and converted to electricity. If it were allowed to regen in the cold, your battery would not last as intended. Bottom line is cold and todays EV battery tech is a compromise until something better is invented.

Normally, preheating the cabin will also trigger the battery heater. If you preheat for about 15 minutes you’ll find that the battery has warmed up sufficiently to give you roughly 15kW of regenerative braking. The active battery heater will never warm the battery to more than roughly 10 degrees C or 50 F. At that point you’ll have 30kW regen.
Maybe in Texas. It’s been dipping below 0F lately and will for the next couple weeks. I won’t see any Regen for weeks unless I supercharge it. And I don’t give a hoot. I look at No regen as an opportunity to polish up the brake rotors. 15 minutes of preheating, that’s funny. That wouldn’t put a dent in it, and a complete waste of energy too.

Folks need to get over times of lost regen.

My car ICE car uses more gas going up hill than down hill. Can you believe that? Who can I call?

Reactions: kavyboy and ayavner
I have had my model S for just over 4 years - and the honeymoon is certainly over! It's an expensive car and a supposedly premium brand, so :
1) Why doesn't voice command work reliably?
2) Why are the mapped speed limits so out of date and wrong?
3) Why is regen braking ineffective whenever the temperature drops below about 12 degrees C?
4) Why doesn't Tesla Roadside Assistance last for the life of the car, or at least the first owner, as it does for Mercedes/BMW?
5) Why isn't the car valeted as part of a service visit?
6) Why does Spotify access keep failing, requiring a soft reset?

Is there any way to bring these, and all the other faults reported on this site, to the attention of someone senior in Tesla UK? Instead of faffing around creating new toys in the toybox, shouldn't Tesla concentrate on making its features work properly. My wife has a Kia eNiro (EV). It cost less than half the price of my model S, and does all the above perfectly.
You are expecting German luxury and service from an American company that builds glorified go-karts with really expensive battery packs.