Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[multiple reports of ] Park assist unavailable [on 2021 model 3s?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys!
The error occurs when you wake the car via the app - for example to preheat, and then open and drive the car within the next few minutes. Whenever the car falls in deep sleep again (after about 20 min), the error resets. So the only way to avoid this bug is to manually open the door via the door handle and wake up the car through this.
I suffer from this condition since my delivery in February and found this workaround. Hope it works for you as well.

Greetings from Germany!

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
<sigh> after working perfectly for a week and a half, mine has thrown another parking sensor error up. I parked in a supermarket car park as the missus popped in. I never left the car and was using the screen to browse and listen to Spotify. When I engaged Drive after a 10 minute wait the parking sensor error popped up.

Nothing to do with using the app to wake from sleep at all in this case.

Moderator comment - thread moved from UK and Ireland sub forum as this looks to be a global problem

Hi all

seem to be seeing this a lot when in drive or reverse. Noticed I also do not have then chimes when reversing. Have also seen auto steer unavailable when I just go into drive (not sure if normal), I’ve had the car since Thursday!
I just had my 2020 looked at for this issue.

1-Your ultrasonic sensors could be dirty. Clean them all.
2-If issue is still there, one of your sensors could be bad. The tech taught me how to diagnose them. All you have to do is spin the sensors with your fingers. If you feel a slight clicking, then the sensor is working. If not then the sensor is bad and needs replacing.
3-If all your sensors are good but the issue is still there, then the wiring is bad, probably corroded somewhere. They can tell from your car logs when sensor is bad or wire resistance.

Just contact support.
My issue was my wires.

• Helpful
Reactions: hybridbear