Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Sentry alerts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have multiple (false) sentry alerts come up today?
Both of our 3 today alerted us of possible incidences. They seemed to be either shadows, cars moving in the background or people walking past.

Did you get an alert on your phone?? I came out of wrk to find this on my screen--- but no alert ever came over the phone. And same, I haven't had time to look at files yet, but no noticeable flaws on car. They were mowing the lawn and blowing/weeding the building where I work... hmmmmm..

Attachments

• IMG_3096.JPG
    IMG_3096.JPG
    612.3 KB · Views: 120
Did you get an alert on your phone?? I came out of wrk to find this on my screen--- but no alert ever came over the phone. And same, I haven't had time to look at files yet, but no noticeable flaws on car. They were mowing the lawn and blowing/weeding the building where I work... hmmmmm..

Alerts from the Tesla mobile app only occur when the alarm is triggered. The Sentry mode event report on-screen just notifies the owner how many times the "Sentry Mode is recording" screen has been triggered by motion.

Reactions: Runnergirl
I can confirm that when an alarm is triggered, your app will alert. This motion events recordings are that; motion activated recordings.

Me too. Happened while we were out at dinner and car parked in a public garage. Traced it back to a vehicle driving by. When my husband left to check it out he could hear a car horn beeping on and off and heard some car revving it's engine and maybe also same vehicle playing really loud music. Car was fine. Here was my post about it. You will get a phone notification in addition to the SavedClip if it triggers an Alarm state.

Alert: How do you know if Sentry Mode activated?
Video: How do you know if Sentry Mode activated?

Last edited:
I got three alerts today while at Costco. Did not get an alert on my phone. Checked the footage (boring) and check my car did not see anything alarming.

If you think about it someone near your car could scratch it as we've seen in some video but without shaking the car like an impact to set off an Alarm. So while people complain about alerts on their phone and nothing there, at some point there could be and you'd be glad you had the video saved off.

I got a bunch of new Sentry mode alerts whiled parked at the airport the other day. Spent quite a bit of time reviewing them. All were benign, just people getting in and of their cars parked nested to mine. The footage is dumped into a separate “saved” folder but still takes a lot of time to review.