Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple small charge sessions VS one long charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the subject says, what is better for the battery? I use about 10% a day. Should I charge from 80 to 90 everyday to keep it topped off? Or wait till I get down to 10-20% and then do one long charge session? Or doesn’t matter?

There are a bunch of topics about this. Try the search feature. My opinion is that many people seem to worry about something like this that isn't really that important over time. Just don't charge it to almost full and let the car sit for a long time. Everything else is going to be relatively insignificant in the long run.

Everything that I've read indicates minimizing the average depth of discharge is best for the battery. So charging the 10% every day, or 20% every other day, rather than waiting. Also you'll increase battery longevity by keeping it closer to the 50-60% mark. Absolutely no need to charge it to 90% if you're only using 10% per day. Only charge to 90% if you need it for a long drive. If it were me, I'd set charge limit to 60% and charge at least every other day.

• Helpful
Reactions: kaze and Acps110