TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Multiple Teslas?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SoloRX7, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SoloRX7

SoloRX7 Member

Posting this in the Model S section because I think it will get the most response.

I've been lurking on TMC for a long time, am a big Tesla fan, and recently joined here because I will be making the plunge into the EV world soon. I'm also a bit of a data nerd, and have been following the EV-CPO site since the huge sales in the 3rd quarter of 2016. Now that the 4th quarter is behind us, I noticed that the CPO car count (being shown) is much higher now than it was at the end of Q3. This makes me think that there are a lot of folks who are trading their current Tesla for a newer one. Lots of speculation here and on other sites that Tesla doesn't always show a complete inventory picture, so there could be other explanations too. I've read many posts where folks compare their current car to an earlier one, so I'm trying to get a feel for how many people either currently own or have owned multiple Teslas.

Have you owned multiple Teslas, either simultaneously or back to back?

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

3 Model S's since 2013. Currently own two. I fit your profile I would sell the Classic P85+ listed below and get a fourth one if I could get a reasonable offer.

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I have a 2013 Model S and a 2016 Model X and if they made a truck I would sell my F150. Tesla makes everything else out there feel obsolete.

• Like x 3
  4. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Me too, I would sell my supercharged FJ

5. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Same.

Will trade the S85 in for a 100D next year.

• Funny x 1
  6. SoloRX7

SoloRX7 Member

Feel like a Sir - Your sig says P90D. I'm assuming you've got two now - the P90D and S85?

7. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Yes.

8. SoloRX7

SoloRX7 Member

Did you trade in the earliest car to Tesla? That's what I'm trying to get a feel for - how many folks traded from one Tesla to another.

9. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I traded my first s85 to tesla for the P90D

• Like x 1
  10. Shorty

Shorty Member

#10 Shorty, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Just traded in my 2012 for a new 70D AP2. My Tesla delivery rep told me that a lot of the original owners were trading in cars. I live in an area where tax is paid on the net price of the purchase so in fairness it makes sense to trade them in.

I purchased an inventory car and it did not show up in any of my online searches. I was told that Tesla has a few depots across the country where they hold cars and then ship them to dealerships as they are ordered.

FWIW, I found that the estimated range for my S85 and the 75D are exactly the same at a 90% charge.

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

See my sig below....

Have reservation/deposit in on Model 3...will see what it looks & drives like next year (...ever the optimist) and decide if I will get rid of 2013 S85.

12. AltPowr

AltPowr Member

See sig below - I have 2.5 Tesla's - 2 real ones, and the MB has a Tesla drivetrain (similar to the RAV4EV I had before it).

Just ordered a 2016 P100D to replace the 2012 P85, and have two Model 3 reservations (one will replace the MB).

13. byt

byt Member

I love my Model S', sold dad's MS60 and bought the recent MS90D and still have the MSP85 Signature.

14. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

How can you stop at just buying one? I bought the Roadster after my wife took over my RAV4-EV. When the first Model S arrived, I thought I'd trade in the Roadster...but my wife made it clear the Model S was hers, so what was I going to drive? I had to keep the Roadster.

IMG_20160914_192917.jpg

I only have room for two cars in the garage so I had to sell the Roadster when the second Model S arrived a few months ago. Sad.

15. AltPowr

AltPowr Member

That is a bummer - that is what lifts are for - so you don't have to let go of the Roadster.

IMG_0527.JPG

• Like x 2
  16. Bridor

Bridor Member

I have a used 2014 Tesla Model S 85 and about three months ago, I bought an inventory 2016 Tesla Model X 60D. I am on the waiting list for a Model 3. So far, I have not traded any cars in. I checked recently about trading in my 85 for a new 70D, but they gave me a very low trade in offer.

Brent

17. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

I sold my 2013 60 in March after ordering a 90D. I still miss ole 9555 sometimes...

I ordered my new one from the 17" screen in my old one, on the same date I had ordered my first one. How ridiculous am I, lol

18. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

Currently only own 2 Model S!
    Wife will be trading in her 85D for a 100D when its released!
    I do miss my P85D thought....butttt the P100D is way better!!!:p