Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Warnings Immediately After Taking Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car today from the SC. They said it was a problem with the wheel speed sensors not agreeing with each other, which caused the whole system to get confused. He said they cleaned the sensors and recalibrated them. Kudos for them though for squeezing me in on a day where they were already full and fixing it quickly. Back in business.

Been waiting to updated this, but here we go. The lights and warnings came back the morning after we picked it up, so it went back to the SC on Monday morning. This time, they replaced the wheel sensor, along with the disc (or something) that it registers to. Got the same Model S as a loaner.

Just picked it up this afternoon and it's looking ok so far. Hopefully there will be no more updates to this thread. ;)

Been waiting to updated this, but here we go. The lights and warnings came back the morning after we picked it up, so it went back to the SC on Monday morning. This time, they replaced the wheel sensor, along with the disc (or something) that it registers to. Got the same Model S as a loaner.

Just picked it up this afternoon and it's looking ok so far. Hopefully there will be no more updates to this thread. ;)

Two down! One more visit to the SC and you are formally in the club!

My wife and I just took delivery of our new Model X yesterday, and not ten minutes after we left the SC/Showroom, we were serenaded by a symphony of errors and lights.

Regenerative Braking Disabled
Automatic Emergency Braking Disabled
Park Assist Unavailable
Stability Control Disabled
ABS Needs Service
Traction Control Disabled

I have the same exact problem.
I took delivery yesterday in Dania Beach Florida yesterday and this morning driving on I-95 all these messages started popping up and my regenerative braking was gone among other features. I'm so disappointed. I have an appointment tomorrow with them, we'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_4787_tesla.jpg
    IMG_4787_tesla.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 127
My wife and I just took delivery of our new Model X yesterday, and not ten minutes after we left the SC/Showroom, we were serenaded by a symphony of errors and lights.

Regenerative Braking Disabled
Automatic Emergency Braking Disabled
Park Assist Unavailable
Stability Control Disabled
ABS Needs Service
Traction Control Disabled

So we have an appointment with the SC tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, anyone know what this might be? I know there's a period of time before everything is calibrated and you can use AP. I did attempt to use TACC soon after we left, and the warnings came at that time, I believe.

I've read some similar threads here that suggest it could be a faulty ABS sensor, wiring crosstalk, etc.

We tried to pull over and reset the MCU, but they came back and stayed on the rest of the way home (about 65 miles). After getting on the road this morning, they started to disappear, but over the last 40 miles or so, they've been coming and going. That cycle has probably happened 5 or 6 times now.

It's distracting, because regenerative braking comes and goes with the warnings. Not to mention having to bring the car for service literally the first day we have it. :mad:

View attachment 309750
I have now the same issue, one day old MX over 2 weeks we go on a holiday trip...

• Informative
Reactions: kak1154
I have the same exact problem.
I took delivery yesterday in Dania Beach Florida yesterday and this morning driving on I-95 all these messages started popping up and my regenerative braking was gone among other features. I'm so disappointed. I have an appointment tomorrow with them, we'll see.
I have got the same error messages after a 1 day old MX. SC did a remote support but problem persists so Monday going to a SC nearby. Hopefully it will be a lose coonector or a new software upload... Keep you posted what the problem was.

Yeesh. This terrifies me because I’m supposed to get my new MX from an SC 300 miles away and then immediately head out for a friend’s wedding 700 miles in the opposite direction. Guess I better figure out where the service centers along the way are, just in case...