Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple windows are not fully closed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got home from the gym, parked and plugged in my car and as I am making coffee I started getting alerts that my rear passenger window isn’t fully closed. So I went into the app and closed the windows. Two minutes later now the front passenger is open. Close it and same thing, but now multiple are open. I went down to check and everything is closed so I opened and closed every door but still getting the alert. I set up a mobile service, but thought I would check if anyone had seen this and any quick fix I can try? I did update to 48.10 yesterday.

I am having the same issue. It kept saying rear passenger was open last night. After closing in the app and checking multiple times it was not open. Getting front passenger window this morning. Also updated to 48.10 yesterday.
After any OTA update I always do a reset (2 thumbs and 1 foot). Have you tried that yet? BTW, I updated to 48.10 yesterday and I've not had this issue.

I am having the same issue. It kept saying rear passenger was open last night. After closing in the app and checking multiple times it was not open. Getting front passenger window this morning. Also updated to 48.10 yesterday.
Earliest I could get a service appointment was the 21st. If it’s not an update issue they fix with a patch by then I’ll let you know what they say to fix it.

Maybe try resetting each of the windows? You'd need to do the following to each offending window. This is for when windows are actually open but ultimately addresses the car not knowing whether the windows are open or closed.
  • Close the door
  • Press the window up button and hold for 5 seconds.
  • Press the window down button and hold for 5 seconds.
  • Press the window up button and hold for 5 seconds.
Hope this helps!

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY
In the controls section. When a window is open, the "Vent" icon changes to a "Close" icon so you can close the window(s).

IMG_0028.PNG
IMG_0027.PNG

I assume you are all talking about something other than the normal behavior where the windows will lower a little in cold weather while parked. This prevents the window from freezing to the window seal.

The service tech was just at my house and rolled his eyes when I mentioned this. It is a software issue. He said to cycle each window auto-up and auto-down (in other words don't hold the button up or down, just press/release quickly) and it may help, if not, just turn off the notifications until a patch is issued.

Reactions: jmallit
I just posted this on another thread talking about the same issue...

I’ve had this problem (among others) since my Y was delivered. At first, I was told it was a bug with the app. That didn’t make any sense to me considering how random it was and how seemingly easy it would be to fix the app with an update. After a month of it occurring, I noticed that the rear windows were moving down slightly after being rolled all the way up. They aren’t opened and appear to be full closed but aren’t. It’s almost like a micro adjustment. But to be clear, they are moving slightly down after being fully closed. This obviously debunked the “it’s a bug in the app” excuse and I made a service appointment for them to look at a sensor that could be causing it.

When I arrived at my service appointment, my contact person told me he found a bulletin explaining the issue. According to him, when the ambient temperature drops below a certain temp the car will automatically slightly lower the window on any rear door that has been recently used to prevent it from freezing in the fully closed position. He made it sound like it was a more recent feature to help prevent windows from being shattered when frozen in place and hitting the frame of the car when people open and close them. This sounds plausible as I have heard of that happening to people and the rear window with the issue is usually the one on the drivers side. I use that door much more frequently to get stuff on and out of the car.

Next time you get the alert, go out to your car and open up the front door, what the rear window as you roll it up with the controls. See if it moves up slightly and back down. That’s what mine does. Hopefully, the service guy wasn’t making it up and it’s something they have programmed in to overcome the design issue of the frameless windows not clearing the body of the car when frozen in the fully closed position.

Having similar issues. My driver's window when you push the button to auto go all the way down the button doesn't work, so have to hold it for the window to go down, and up. Phone and Iwatch say your driver's window is open, and it's not. Plus on the new upgrade does not show the window going down or up on the screen. Tried to re-boot the car, no luck. Have a service appointment booked. See if they can cure this.. was fine before....