Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mundane stuff Teslas do well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t want to undermine the positive tone of my own thread, but I will say there’s a good reason the voice control did not make my list.. ‘Turn on voice guidance’ = ‘Route cancelled’ being a highlight from the other day. 🤪
I find saying “enable” or “disable” then <command> usually works best as my often mumbled “on” / “off” gets the voice systems confused (applies to google and siri as well!)

Which pocket? If rear pocket it may not be an issue with the car...
:)
Front pocket, and actually phone in hand still doesn’t unlock the car. That’s with the app running too.

Doesn’t happen all the time, but has happened often enough that I expect it these days. Thinking about it, it usually occurs on my drive when the car has been parked a while.

Front pocket, and actually phone in hand still doesn’t unlock the car. That’s with the app running too.

Doesn’t happen all the time, but has happened often enough that I expect it these days. Thinking about it, it usually occurs on my drive when the car has been parked a while.
On the iPhone there’s a setting under the Tesla section. Set Location to Always. That improved the locking for me.

Yes..leaving a supposed sports car for dead is fun.
However, such drivers may not be that really bothered about racing...whereas Wayne in his Corsa ( gel reg plate, booster seat on the back seat...possibly for his girlfriend), is another matter.
Yeah... this one absolutely WAS, though.

Phone in front trouser pocket, pelvic thrusts towards driver’s door.
Unsure whether this actually works, but it makes passers-by hurry up and pass-by.

1) winding up corsa drivers, with the bean can sellotaped to the exhaust.
2) winding up the poverty spec 3 series drivers, with all the badges removed.
3) winding up the poverty spec 3 series drivers, with the Ebay M badges all over the shop.
4) winding up all Audi drivers
5) winding up all those queued up around the block, waiting their turn at the forecourt pumps.
Relative values:
That my six four seventeen stone frame finds the pilot seat less comfy than the X3 - Not a big deal.

That SWMBO finds the co- pilot seat
perfect - Priceless! Invaluable! TFFT!

Reactions: Utumno
Cost me £3 to fill it up last night at home
Nav is good
Being able to watch flix while kids do sport is fantastic
One pedal driving is outrageously easy and lazy
Wheels look cool (YLR with option wheels)
Acres of space and storage

Things I’m reassessing:
It’s quick but somewhat boring (previous 3 was quicker but same applies)
Not engaging to drive
One on every drive, on every street, yawn

So ordered an M3 Touring. Will miss watching flix

HWTL

Thought of another boring but good item for the list. The rear courtesy lights are really well positioned to the extent that the kids can have them on the whole time when I’m driving in the dark and I can’t even tell much less find it distracting.