Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Murdered out Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure too extreme for many, but wow, T-Sportline did an awesome job on this car. Love the 20" wheels with the lowering springs. One of my complaints with the Model 3 has been how high they sit from the factory. This thing sits like it should from the factory. Wheels and springs will be going on my car shortly.

Also, never been a fan of the flat face on all Tesla's since they chose to remove the nose cone from the Model S. Looks like something belongs there and they just removed it. Last two images are from Unplugged Performance. Side by side comparison. I wish Tesla would have made the nose more along these lines rather then leaving a flat bug catching surface "where a grille would go". Lower, wider and sportier appearance. Probably about $3,500 installed though. Not sure if it's that important to me? Any thoughts? I know most won't change it, but if you had a choice between these two noses from Tesla, as factory equipment, which would you choose?

ebay-listing-photo-1-jpg.345587

ebay-listing-photo-2-jpg.345588

ebay-listing-photo-3-jpg.345589

UNPLUGGED NOSE
side-by-sidejpg-jpg.345590

nose-comparison-jpg.345591

Attachments

• eBay listing photo 1.jpg
    eBay listing photo 1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 1,689
  • eBay listing photo 2.jpg
    eBay listing photo 2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 3,162
  • eBay listing photo 3.jpg
    eBay listing photo 3.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,583
  • side-by-sidejpg.jpg
    side-by-sidejpg.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 1,449
  • nose-comparison.jpg
    nose-comparison.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,458
Last edited:
First thought is that it'll still be illegal until they add the front plate in CA.
You can do digital in the rear, but afaik you still have to mount a normal plate in the front.

The unplugged nose reminds me of a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I've personally never liked the all blacked out car look, to me it looks like something a kid would do or a cop. I am a fan though of the door handles being the same color. I'm getting mine wrapped in blue.

That nose reminds you of this?????? LOL. Whatchu smokin?? LOL :)
1920px-Mitsubishi_Eclipse_--_09-08-2009.jpg

And I understand the blacked out look is not for everyone. Probably not for most. But, just a personal preference. I like it. My post was more about the lowering springs and the 20" wheels that look factory. I think T-sportline did a good job in those things. As far as the nose, I just like how the Unplugged nose doesn't rise up in the middle for a space where a grille would go, since there's no grille on an EV, would be nice, in my personal opinion, if they took advantage of that in the designing of the car. Again, all just personal tastes.

Reactions: gaswalla
That nose reminds you of this?????? LOL. Whatchu smokin?? LOL :)
1920px-Mitsubishi_Eclipse_--_09-08-2009.jpg

And I understand the blacked out look is not for everyone. Probably not for most. But, just a personal preference. I like it. My post was more about the lowering springs and the 20" wheels that look factory. I think T-sportline did a good job in those things. As far as the nose, I just like how the Unplugged nose doesn't rise up in the middle for a space where a grille would go, since there's no grille on an EV, would be nice, in my personal opinion, if they took advantage of that in the designing of the car. Again, all just personal tastes.
This:
mitsubishi-eclipse-black-10.jpg

Nice, looks good. But not sure about the nose just because Model 3 stood out more with its nose design. Now your car's nose looks like any other car's nose out there, especially Porsche. But I feel if you like it, that's all it matters.

Reactions: JeffK
I would have gone with lighter wheels. Those form cast boat anchor 20's (~34 lbs) are heavy...it would look better with their 20 Forged wheels which only weight (~21.45)... no way in the world I would ever get that pricey digital license plate either.... the murdered out look used to look cool until everyone started doing it... now its just MEH..

Here is a murdered out mini-van just to show you how MEH this has become, would have been cool to see this in electric blue, or orange..

CH018_071PF4qj0ui4091vi42e1ig2i1uchkc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Common_Loon
First thought is that it'll still be illegal until they add the front plate in CA.

If you can see my avatar, I wear no front plates and I live in California. At least where I live, one in ten cars has a front plate, and I understand this is the state average, legal or not. In twenty years I have been pulled over once for not having a front plate, and the fine was about twenty bucks, which was well worth it to me. The CHP doesn't care much of a lot whether you have a plate or not, in general.

Not advocating you drive without a front plate, just that I don't, specifically because it looks ugly.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Eye of the beholder. That's the great thing about living in America. We have the right to choose. Ahh, freedom!! Although I will note, 2-5 years ago, very few manufacturers offered black wheels. Now, pretty much all of them do. Model S & X, if you upgrade, all you can upgrade to are dark wheels. So I would say it must still be pretty popular based on market reaction. Naturally, not everyone will love it. I actually really like Silver wheels and was disappointed when Tesla stopped offering the 21" wheels in Silver for the S.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr X