TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Murdo, SD Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by ualdriver, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

We stayed overnight at Murdo last week. We stayed at the Range Country Hotel, which is where the Supercharger is. Cost us around $89 bucks. Nice hotel. Nice people. The guy at the desk said they see a few Teslas a day there. Good breakfast in the morning. The whole town shuts down around 10pm.

Murdo, SD (2).jpg

Murdo, SD.jpg

2. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

The owner beckoned me in for the free breakfast even though I was just passing through. This summer, a local who stopped to talk to me who is friends with the owner said they were averaging one a day, so things are picking up!

3. Vexar

Vexar Member

They are great people at that location. They told me about the park down the road, which I enjoyed with my family while my Model S was charging.

4. RVC

RVC Member

Robyn (front desk) was very kind. She was very interested in the car and seemed to know quite a bit already. Restroom also available for use too. One other Tesla charging the two times we stopped there this summer.

5. Villa-Lobos

Villa-Lobos Member

stopped here in early March when passing thru the state. About 9pm and it was dark and cold but the gal the hotel was super nice let us use the bathroom. Seemed very up on Tesla. I walked down the street to the Buffalo Bar a really cool old place. The bartender looked right out of Duck Dynasty but had a great time talking with him about Murdo as he has been there 30+ years. A real slice of americana. Population less than 600.