Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Murphy is visiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my 2020 MXLR is going in for some significant mechanical work. Friday I got a message that air suspension adjustment is not available, car may not be level. The jack mode indicator was lit. As soon as I pulled into the garage, alert disappeared. I have creaking ball joints in the front, and a nasty shudder from the CVs. Rubber trim on the passenger door is falling off. Originally was scheduled for mobile Rangerfor trim replacement, but after advising the SC about the air suspension warning I was told I had a hard fault. on top of that, it turns out they ordered replacement trim for the wrong door. How long shall this take to be resolved? I called about a loaner, and was told we only have three, otherwise you might end up with Enterprise. Give you guys one guess which one I’m going to end up with! Of course there is the fact that they have a scheduled service appointment for 8 o’clock in the morning and it is 100 miles away from me.

After having the car for two weeks, they were unable to replicate the notification but did say the logs indicated that it was a real thing. They gave me back the car, I drove three hours back home. Plugged in, two hours later went for a ride……. And there it was again! Service center was advised via the app. The next day I was told the regional engineers indicated that the issue was related to a CANbus protocol overload. The current theory is that the CANbus is too “noisy”. And this is a known issue. It’s interesting to note that the first I’m seeing this issue after 22,000 miles. I personally think they have no idea and spouting technobabble to try and placate me. I did find out however, that if I go to the service menu and enable jack mode and then disable it the notification vanishes.

Well, I swapped the 1TB SSD which was partitioned for music storage and video recordings back to the previous 128 GB USB thumb drive and the error has not returned yet. I suspect that the system was too busy reindexng my 33,000 music files, and missed handshake message from the air suspension computer. Now all it has is a 128 GB partition for video recordings. What the heck, it’s worth a try.