Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Murrell vs Tesla (Data Mine)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm a Roofer from BC Canada.

I'd like to present the underlying story of the court case of Murrell vs Tesla. The case is set to be heard by a jury in mid-2023 in California, San Diego county. What happened is almost unbelievable and includes Tesla's involvement in the home renovation industry as part of a legacy program from SolarCity.

In late 2018 Tesla Inc's employees or agents removed and reinstalled the same S curve Spanish tiles on a customer's home that were originally installed in 1980 when the home was built. In Canada and the USA that process is unheard of and is illegal in most places at multiple levels (ie. CSLB, Civil law). She purchased the botched renovation in order to purchase a 7.6kW Solar system from Tesla via a 20-year lease which was subsidized with the 30% ITC credit rolled in. The solar system worked just fine but the house leaked much worse than it did before the work was performed.

Tesla's employees or agents appeared to be following management orders. They removed and disposed of the gutters which were supposed to be re-installed. Tesla was also contracted to remove the old fascia and install 400 feet of new fascia. They removed one of the pipe stacks above a B-vent and re-installed it later. The lady claims that removal could have killed her family. As a Roofer I can tell you her claims are likely false as the pipe not attached appears to be a plumbing pipe, not a duct pipe from the gas furnace in the attic. The upper duct pipe was re-installed and the lady refuses to use the obsolete gas furnace they had serviced before the botched reno.

In 2019 the solar system was removed and re-installed at least once where the attempted repairs made the problems worse. The roof leaks throughout and they have water buckets in the attic to catch the water. The lady who owns the house claims major health damages including more than 7 counts of attempts to kill and harm her family. She insists the family dog died because of Tesla.

Anyhow, I'd like to examine the case as a Data Mine and encourage others to get involved for damage control, to defend Mr. Musk and Tesla, or to protect their investment in Tesla. Or perhaps just come along for an entertaining look at a crazy real-life drama. My personal interest is in the solar finance data that Tesla keeps secret via NDA's and other methods.

Tesla made an offer of approximately $40,000 to settle with the Murrell's, which they declined and chose to not publicly disclose until after the court case was announced.

The drama plays out mostly at Twitter. Check for yourself you'll see I'm not exaggerating.

I ask that people get involved and do something. I'll bring the data including pics of what happened. I hope some people will bring action and advice..

Thanks!