TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Music auto skipping bug?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by y2kcurt, Mar 11, 2017.

1. y2kcurt

y2kcurt Member

#1 y2kcurt, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Noticed a recurring bug where streaming music just starts randomly skipping songs. Seems to happen either over wifi connection or during process of connecting/disconnecting to wifi. Usually occurs first thing in the morning, but caught a video of it last night. Rebooting the system does not resolve. I typically have to switch to radio for 5 min the go back to streaming.

Anyone aware if this is a known issue? Also, I have an annual service coming up, is this something they can address?

2. y2kcurt

y2kcurt Member

3. y2kcurt

y2kcurt Member

Just went in for annual service and they could not replicate so they said there is nothing they could do. I am on the latest firmware and todays 8.1 update did not resolve.
    Very irritating

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Could this be a hardware problem? Perhaps spurious skip forward presses of the steering wheel button?

5. y2kcurt

y2kcurt Member

I wouldn't rule anything out...but it only happens first thing in the morning when I get in the car (minus the one time it occurred at night - video) and I cannot force it to happen at any other time...even monkeying with the steering wheel buttons. Searched most tesla forums and couldn't find anyone else with the issue.