Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Banner Touch/Swipe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on the last update, (2021.24.10), I noticed when I touched the left corner (icon) of the music banner, it no longer raises the banner to the mid level.
The banner would move to the next position once you touched the left side icon on the banner. Once up to the middle, and again up to full screen. This also works if you use the swiping motion on the left icon area. Since this update, the touch would not affect the banner at all. You are forced to swipe. This doesn’t sound to problematic, but little things like this causes aggravation.
I mentioned this to service, and they told me that this was intensional in this last update. This did not make any sense to me. Why would Tesla remove a comfort feature as in touch, and make you swipe instead?
Then, all of a sudden it started working again. I had no idea why, but now I was really questioning the service guys comment of it being written in the new update!
Crazy enough, next time I drove my Model 3, the touch feature to the banner was missing again. Back to swiping. I noticed that when I swipe the banner up to the middle, then touch the Spotify icon to open Spotify, which brings the music screen to full screen, the touch starts working again to the music banner.
So Weird! Has anyone else experienced this?

So on the last update, (2021.24.10), I noticed when I touched the left corner (icon) of the music banner, it no longer raises the banner to the mid level.
The banner would move to the next position once you touched the left side icon on the banner. Once up to the middle, and again up to full screen. This also works if you use the swiping motion on the left icon area. Since this update, the touch would not affect the banner at all. You are forced to swipe. This doesn’t sound to problematic, but little things like this causes aggravation.
I mentioned this to service, and they told me that this was intensional in this last update. This did not make any sense to me. Why would Tesla remove a comfort feature as in touch, and make you swipe instead?
Then, all of a sudden it started working again. I had no idea why, but now I was really questioning the service guys comment of it being written in the new update!
Crazy enough, next time I drove my Model 3, the touch feature to the banner was missing again. Back to swiping. I noticed that when I swipe the banner up to the middle, then touch the Spotify icon to open Spotify, which brings the music screen to full screen, the touch starts working again to the music banner.
So Weird! Has anyone else experienced this?
Follow up, after more experimenting, I have found out that this touch works perfectly on Spotify, Streaming, Phone Streaming etc. but it does not work when its on the radio. Still curious if there are others experiencing this.