Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music challenges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m frustrated! Can it really be true that there’s no way to change a station from the steering wheel but only by manually using the touchscreen? That’s just dangerous! I love listening to music and being able to change stations by checking different ones. Unless I’m missing something , On the Tesla Model 3 I have to first scroll through the options, find the station I want, and touch it. Obviously I can’t watch the road while I do this. Even if I listen to music on my phone I still have to pick it up (which is illegal to use one’s phone while driving) in order to change stations. And the voice command hasn’t been able to recognize “tune to…” This has been such a basic feature in every other car for so many years, I don’t know how Tesla could have missed it! Maybe someone here will show me the magic solution…I hope so!

Wait...you can't change the station from the steering wheel?
This is not okay. I'm going to have to re-think things. I may end up canceling my order. I was already on the fence in the first place.
Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic! Well, I went to Tesla and asked about this. Apparently you can use the steering wheel to change songs or podcasts from within a streaming app. But if you set favorite stations (like CNN and NPR), you can’t move between those stations. So only within a streaming app. Strange, and not a complete function IMO. I tweeted to Elon, lol.

I tested this yesterday and as long as you have stations programmed it wasn't as issue changing the station via left right on the volume scroller. Mind you if I reached the last station and continued to selected right it pooped itself and couldn't selected back to the previous station.

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic! Well, I went to Tesla and asked about this. Apparently you can use the steering wheel to change songs or podcasts from within a streaming app. But if you set favorite stations (like CNN and NPR), you can’t move between those stations. So only within a streaming app. Strange, and not a complete function IMO. I tweeted to Elon, lol.
No, not sarcastic. But if I can skip songs in a Spotify playlist from the steering wheel, that's the main thing that matters. It's still disappointing that it won't let you switch radio stations from the steering wheel, but I probably won't actually listen to the radio anyway.