Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music doesn't automatically start when bluetooth connects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Samsung S22 and Autoplay enabled in the music app (allow external devices to start playing music option). My ford f150 plays music automaically from my phone when I start the ignition, so the phone end is fine. Tesla doesn't and is highly annoying as i cant start the music playing from the interface (phone is visible and connected but playlist is NOT shown), until i unlock the phone and press play on the music app... then tesla wakes up and sees my playlists and allows controlling my music. ....... BUT it won't get into that mode automatically when i enter the car, like my f150 does in the same configuration.

Help...

My car has never started automatically playing with Bluetooth (iPhone) audio as the source. I'm not sure it's set up to work that way. It does seem to happen with the Apple Music App but I think it's a bug and not a design choice as this never happened with Tidal. Hoping they fix that as when I open the back door to grab something, music starts playing.

You're lucky.

Mine has a mind of its own. Half the time i can get it to start playing music when i press the bluetooth icon on the screen and the other half, no go no matter what i do - i have to unlock the phone's screen and play music from there. What a PITA. If anyone's got a fix....