Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been an Apple Music subscriber for years but obviously the only way for me to use that in my car now would be to connect via Bluetooth (am I correct to assume this?).

One thing that has disappointed me so far is that when using the Tesla streaming, if I ask for songs by a particular artist, it will play only one before switching over to just a radio station based on music similar to that artist.

I am wondering if maybe I should switch over to Spotify. If you connect a Spotify account to the Tesla does it then work better than just the Tesla streaming service in terms of playing specifically what you are looking for?

Any experiences shared would be helpful. Thank you!

Your assumption is correct for Apple Music. I'm with Youtube Music (which comes with Youtube Premium, to remove adds...) and I have the same problem. I would love to use that in the car but it needs to be through Bluetooth, not integrated with the car, and through my cell phone's data plan. I use the base streaming service which annoys me just like you in that it doesn't quite give you what you asked for.
Hopefully they add alternate streaming services eventually.

I have been an Apple Music subscriber for years but obviously the only way for me to use that in my car now would be to connect via Bluetooth (am I correct to assume this?).

One thing that has disappointed me so far is that when using the Tesla streaming, if I ask for songs by a particular artist, it will play only one before switching over to just a radio station based on music similar to that artist.

I am wondering if maybe I should switch over to Spotify. If you connect a Spotify account to the Tesla does it then work better than just the Tesla streaming service in terms of playing specifically what you are looking for?

Any experiences shared would be helpful. Thank you!
Tesla streaming is the service previously known as Slacker, now called LiveXlive. You can pay for a subscription to get a more Spotify like experience or just use Spotify. I've used Slacker, Spotify and Music - in that order ;)
Slacker was ok but not great, Spotify was pretty good but worked best when I had a family premium account and gave the car its own account.
I ended up back on Apple Music via Bluetooth just because its the one the family uses.

Tesla streaming is the service previously known as Slacker, now called LiveXlive. You can pay for a subscription to get a more Spotify like experience or just use Spotify. I've used Slacker, Spotify and Music - in that order ;)
Slacker was ok but not great, Spotify was pretty good but worked best when I had a family premium account and gave the car its own account.
I ended up back on Apple Music via Bluetooth just because its the one the family uses.
I used Apple Music, as it's part of the Apple One Premiere for $30/month which includes ALL of Apple's Services,. especially important for facilities as gives you everything for everyone (Apple Music, Fitness+, TV+, Arcade+, 2TB of Storage, News+, etc...).

I hope one day it eventually comes to Tesla.

Musk has previously tweeted that 'tidal is coming to Tesla (this was some time ago, mind) and I think it was @verygreen who found stubs for other music services including Apple. So additional music services have been on the cards for as long as (not FSD) V11 has been speculated about. Neither have made any appearance yet or show any sign of doing so. But I certainly wouldn't go focusing on other music services just because what you have is not currently fully supported. I'm still waiting on Musks promise of Tidal but happy to continue to use the current work around - or simply use the radio...

edit - looks like things may still be on the cards - Tesla to Add Tidal Music Imminently