Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music library with "Premium Connectivity" is shrinking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I let my Premium Connectivity lapse after a year of ownership, but I got tired of terrestrial radio and bluetoothing my phone, so I re-subscribed.

The biggest surprise is that a lot of songs I used to play have disappeared as options. "Liquid Lunch" by Caro Emerald, some Anita Ellis, etc. Even when I make a direct request to play those songs, the system cannot find them any longer. I wish Tesla would add Amazon Music Premium as a streaming choice.

This happens to an extent with all streaming services. Sometimes artists selectively remove their music from streaming services, or just some streaming services. Check out stories about this from Death Row Records, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Michael Jackson, GriZ, etc.

It's too bad there isn't better integration with local files. Spotify allows you to play local files through their interface, but you have to be on the same wifi network as the machine that uploaded them which is a non-starter for streaming away from home. The interface for your local files is also hot garbage.

Reactions: Taxvictim