TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Music over USB question about interface

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by psykobunny83, Sep 3, 2018.

1. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

Can I only stream music from Spotify or YouTube music over bluetooth or if I connect my phone to USB will it stream the music that way? If it works over USB does it show album art on the Tesla display and let me control playlists search songs etc?

Asking as Slacker is garbage, every few hours my Premium subscription erases from my phone so my phone shows no playlists, favourites etc until I log out and back into the app. Have had to do it 3 times this morning so giving up on this especially as YT Music and Spotify are much cheaper monthly.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

The only way to stream stuff from your phone is over Bluetooth. USB music is available only from USB flash drives that have music copied to them, unless your phone looks like a flash drive when plugged into USB – and then you will only be able to play music that is already on your phone (no streaming from apps).

• Informative x 1