Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Pauses When Starting a fun Backing Car

kysrsoze

Oct 27, 2019
Los Angeles
Hi all,
Please excuse the thread title - iOS spell check.

I have been used to my M3P starting to play music when I open any of the doors, which is great. The problem I have is when I actually start backing out of the garage or a parking spot, the audio system pauses and I need to hit the play button on the screen or center-click the left steering wheel controller to get it to start playing music again.

I can’t figure for the life of me why the music always pauses for me, and I don’t see any setting to change. I typically am listening to Spotify through the music interface. Any insight?

TIA.

Last edited:

bobleland

Jan 12, 2020
Knoxville Tennessee
I have a similar experience except the interruption pauses briefly as I move away from the house but restarts. Is it possible that it is on the house wifi and it pauses to reset after you get out of range of home wifi?

kysrsoze

Oct 27, 2019
Los Angeles
I have a similar experience except the interruption pauses briefly as I move away from the house but restarts. Is it possible that it is on the house wifi and it pauses to reset after you get out of range of home wifi?
Yeah, I thought maybe it's something to do with the home wifi - that's pretty much the end of the reach and I have terrible cellular coverage on my street. But I believe it happens everywhere. It starts up, then when i get ready to drive, it pauses.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC