Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Pauses When Starting a fun Backing Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Please excuse the thread title - iOS spell check.

I have been used to my M3P starting to play music when I open any of the doors, which is great. The problem I have is when I actually start backing out of the garage or a parking spot, the audio system pauses and I need to hit the play button on the screen or center-click the left steering wheel controller to get it to start playing music again.

I can’t figure for the life of me why the music always pauses for me, and I don’t see any setting to change. I typically am listening to Spotify through the music interface. Any insight?

TIA.

Last edited:
I have a similar experience except the interruption pauses briefly as I move away from the house but restarts. Is it possible that it is on the house wifi and it pauses to reset after you get out of range of home wifi?
Yeah, I thought maybe it's something to do with the home wifi - that's pretty much the end of the reach and I have terrible cellular coverage on my street. But I believe it happens everywhere. It starts up, then when i get ready to drive, it pauses.

Any one still experiencing this?

I know this an old thread, but the same things happens to me. I thought it got better, but it is now worse than ever, The Audio does not restart after some time. I have to press the mute button to get Audio back. I have reported a bug, but so far no joy.