Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Playlists figured out, kind of.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm kind of a music connoisseur with thousands of tracks on my PC. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered the sound system in my 2021 MY had no idea what a playlist was or how to use it. In my previous Grand Cherokee I could upload my numerous playlists to a thumb drive, jam it into the radio, and they played flawlessly. How is it a $60,000 rolling computer, running the latest technology, not know how to play music that is arranged in a simple playlist? Well I found a way around this that works pretty well at least until Tesla figures out how to make them work correctly. I use MediaMonkey on my Media Server to organize my music and create my playlists. I've also installed it on my Android Phone (should be the same on IOS). I upload my playlists to my phone along with the associated music files. Now connect the Tesla Infotainment center to your phone via bluetooth. Open MediaMonkey on your phone and select which playlist you want to hear and Viola it plays! I've been listening to my lists now for a few days and my Tesla is handling it pretty well. The music will stop when I quit driving and pick right back up where it left off when I get back behind the wheel. So far the only downfall is you have to select which playlist you want using the phone, but once it starts to play everything else is controlled on the touch screen or thumb wheel in your car.

• Informative
Reactions: coleman567
I wish Spotify would do this when I switch to, say, stream SiriusXM from my phone and back - pick up where it left off. It always goes back to the beginning of my main playlist (with 4000+ songs) and turns off shuffle play.

I wish the car had a way of seeing what the next track was from your phone. Like if Song A is playing and I want to skip it, I wish it knew what the next songs were so I could just select which one I want rather than individually skipping through each song.

I wish the car had a way of seeing what the next track was from your phone. Like if Song A is playing and I want to skip it, I wish it knew what the next songs were so I could just select which one I want rather than individually skipping through each song.
My jeep had a "List" button so it would show the whole playlist while it was playing the current song. You could arrow up or down and pick whatever song you wanted.

My jeep had a "List" button so it would show the whole playlist while it was playing the current song. You could arrow up or down and pick whatever song you wanted.
Exactly. My old audi would list the playlist I was listening to and you could scroll through and see what songs you'd already listened to or were coming up and find the one you wanted

I create lists on my computer and use SyncThing (android only I think) to keep stuff in sync. Sounds like it works about the same as the OP. Syncthing is open source.

I can rearrange on the phone but that is too hard with my pudgy fingers. So I just maintain on the PC. Oh, I use Poweramp on the android to play and tell it the folder to play. But yes, I don't know what song is next, etc.etc.

I never thought of the MY as a luxury car and think it's silly to do so just because it's expensive. But it does have the worst infotainment I've driven since my '03 Camry which had none.

If you use a USB drive, you can see lists by artist etc. But it's not very smart either.