Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music randomly blares from speakers at full volume

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when I enter my model 3 and I press play on my music that comes from my phone, the car's audio will be turned up to max volume which gives me a heart attack and hurts my ears every time. My phones volume is completely independent from the displayed car volume so that's not the issue. It's as though the car just decides to turn up the volume all the way when I leave. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: APotatoGod
yes, it didn't know me and I had to login again. I never logout of the tesla app and I rarely even reboot my phone. as you can guess, I have a total of like 5 apps on my phone. I dont trust apps and I dont install things I dont 100% need.

so yeah, some cred key got deleted somehow (not me, I am sure of that) and this must have triggered the car into not knowing me. still, I got in and THEN it complained? too late, tessie. way too late.

and the 'alarm' can be turned off by the scroll wheel?

oh, that's rich.

ho ho ho, indeed.

Upvote 0
a sensible tesla engineer would realize that its range-testing issue that is also being ignored. NEVER would it be ok to have vol == 100. just never. if you see that, just mute it or set it to 10%. setting it low, if in doubt, wont ever shock a driver. the other way, will.

its just a few if statements. but they dont even see this. too focused on lightshows and crap.

since tesla does not care about customers anymore, no way to report and track this bug, either. did they ever have a customer bug-submit method that really was taken seriously?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Upvote 0
Sometimes when I enter my model 3 and I press play on my music that comes from my phone, the car's audio will be turned up to max volume which gives me a heart attack and hurts my ears every time. My phones volume is completely independent from the displayed car volume so that's not the issue. It's as though the car just decides to turn up the volume all the way when I leave. Anyone else have this issue?
I had that happen last night for a split second. I had the sound on Spotify. I wanted to check if I loaded Lightshow data correctly and upon confirmation via "Loading custom lightshow..." message, I cancelled out. After cancelling, it switched back to Spotify at seemingly max volume just long enough to know it was at that level.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my iPhone and this seems to have fixed it / helped:

On iPhone: Settings, Bluetooth, touch the little blue i icon beside the connection named for your Tesla, change the Device Type drop-down to Speaker (mine was at Car Stereo by default).

Volume no longer goes to 100% each time I get in car or get an alert.
This should be a sticky at the top of this forum section. My wife's iPhone was defaulted to 'other' and changing it to 'speaker' solved ALL the volume issues. And as you mentioned, the 'Car Stereo' option has volume issues as well. I see the ability to select the device type was new to iOS in 2021.

Upvote 0