Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Service Issues (Spotify and Tidal)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi,

I am having issues with music services and the Tesla implementation and was hoping for some guidance.

We have a Spotify premium account. If I my wife is using it in the house, and I get in the car it kills her usage and starts playing her music in the car. Any way to get around this?

I thought it could fix this by getting a Tidal Account. However, when I get in the car and press the Tidal button it just shows a QR code. If I scan the QR code with my phone it just takes me to the sign-up page. I can log into my account, free level, on the phone, but no app with controls appears in the car. I am stuck using the phone and streaming to the car.

Anyone know how to deal with these issues?

you'll need a Tidal subscription to use the in-car integration. doesn't work with a free account.

you need a Spotify family plan where everyone gets their own login, playlists, preferences, etc. that will solve the issue you're having with Spotify.

you'll need a Tidal subscription to use the in-car integration. doesn't work with a free account.

you need a Spotify family plan where everyone gets their own login, playlists, preferences, etc. that will solve the issue you're having with Spotify.
Thanks! I will look at both options.

Any suggestion on service is better in terms of variety and quality in Teslas?