Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music status gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have Premium Connectivity, so I listen to Spotify on my phone via Bluetooth. It has always displayed a status panel with the song / group and other info. Now that panel is still there if you go to the Bluetooth page, but leave Bluetooth and you lose the status panel. So you can't see that useful information unless you ignore other pages like navigation, energy, etc.

Did I mess up a setting, or did something change?

I don't have Premium Connectivity, so I listen to Spotify on my phone via Bluetooth. It has always displayed a status panel with the song / group and other info. Now that panel is still there if you go to the Bluetooth page, but leave Bluetooth and you lose the status panel. So you can't see that useful information unless you ignore other pages like navigation, energy, etc.

Did I mess up a setting, or did something change?
Should be a small music icon on bottom dock to bring the now listening panel back.

Aha! Yes, the small musical note on the left side. Hadn't noticed that, but it seems to do the trick. I see you can also swipe it to get charge stats and tire inflation. I'd noticed the "three dots" that indicated there were 3 panels, but it didn't do anything until I displayed the now-playing panel.

I think it's different than it was? Not sure how I turned it off, but thanks for the pointer!

Reactions: woolymammoth17
Aha! Yes, the small musical note on the left side. Hadn't noticed that, but it seems to do the trick. I see you can also swipe it to get charge stats and tire inflation. I'd noticed the "three dots" that indicated there were 3 panels, but it didn't do anything until I displayed the now-playing panel.

I think it's different than it was? Not sure how I turned it off, but thanks for the pointer!
It’s turned off by swiping down on the now playing panel.