TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Music Storage on Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by locdog284, Apr 19, 2013.

1. locdog284

locdog284 Member

Anyone know if this capability to store up to 3000 songs (on upgraded sound system at least) on the internal hard drive of the car is accessible and working yet? If not, anyone have any idea when we will finally be able to store music in the car and be able to play music without using an external usb drive or bluetooth?

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

It's not accessible yet, and Tesla has given no indication when it will be.

3. jandkw

jandkw Member

I bought the 32GB USB Flash Drive,
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers Accessories

which I can store thousands of songs and hundreds of photos. I then copy all of my songs from my itune interface and plug into one of the USB ports. The MS interface can sort my songs by Artists, Genre, Album, etc., not a advanced sorting but is good enough for me. You should plan on putting your USB drive in your port permanently. I also have one "USAMS Compact High Output Dual USB Car Charger" for 2 additional USB ports,

USAMS Compact High Output Dual USB Car Charger

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NB9WTK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have fun and enjoy your own music.

4. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

5. aaronw

aaronw Member

I hate the Sandisk Cruzer. I work on embedded stuff and that drive was just plain broken. I had to implement specific work-arounds due to bugs in Sandisk's USB implementation (it reported the maximum LUN of 1 instead of 0). I've also run into issues with Sandisk's high-speed micro SD cards not supporting a required feature so I personally avoid them.

6. highedu

highedu Member

Looks like 3000 songs has been removed from the description on teslamotors.com.

Anybody know if this is gone for folks purchasing here on out or also for those of us who already paid for it?

7. steve841

steve841 Active Member

It's rephrased .... "Sound Studio envelops passengers in studio quality sound from 12 precisely positioned speakers and includes XM Satellite radio plus onboard music storage."

but still not very inspiring....