Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music Titles & Art Missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced an issue in their MS when playing Slacker where it doesn't display the sound titles on the big screen, yet it shows on the screen next to the speedo? I'm also no longer seeing album art for songs played off my USB stick. I have the latest 4.5 firmware... did something happen to these missing items with the latest 4.5 version?

Slacker.JPG

Has anyone experienced an issue in their MS when playing Slacker where it doesn't display the sound titles on the big screen, yet it shows on the screen next to the speedo? I'm also no longer seeing album art for songs played off my USB stick. I have the latest 4.5 firmware... did something happen to these missing items with the latest 4.5 version?

I don't use Slacker a ton, but haven't noticed anything unusual when I do. (I've never used a USB stick of music, so I can't comment on that.) First thing with a quirky issue like this affecting Slacker, radio, browser: Reboot the main screen, if you haven't already. Press-hold the scroll wheel-buttons on the steering wheel till the main screen goes black.

The car unfortunately never uses album art from your USB stick. It's always downloaded from the cloud, then cached.

I've complained like a madman to Tesla about this--it's stupid to give album art from the cloud priority over album art stored in music file metadata. Sometimes I think they're smoking crack. For me it often results in missing or incorrect artwork...and we've been living with that issue for a year now.

And the issue with the magically shrinking artwork, reported a year ago, is still around. It's amazing how that stuff still hasn't been fixed.

The car unfortunately never uses album art from your USB stick. It's always downloaded from the cloud, then cached.

I've complained like a madman to Tesla about this--it's stupid to give album art from the cloud priority over album art stored in music file metadata. Sometimes I think they're smoking crack. For me it often results in missing or incorrect artwork...and we've been living with that issue for a year now.

And the issue with the magically shrinking artwork, reported a year ago, is still around. It's amazing how that stuff still hasn't been fixed.

Ditto. I went to much trouble and expense to have my 550 cds converted to AIFF files, with great care given to the metadata. It shocks me that Tesla would go to a much less rigorous cloud source for something that's already been given great care on the usb drive. Yes, what are they thinking?