Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, but i had to ask Google what an SSD was! Can you recommend a particular SSD to buy? And, all my music is MP3.
I'm personally using a 500GB Samsung T7, but like charlesoris says a 500GB or 1TB Samsung, should be good enough. If you're willing to spend the time and energy to convert your music to FLAC, you'll enjoy it a lot more. I've been listening to music in FLAC format for several years and I don't enjoy listening to MP3s, even if the bit rate is 320Kbps.

Reactions: Wilber
I added data capable usb-c mainly for these reasons:

1) I didn't want to take a chance of overloading the USB device used for recording video by also having it active reading/streaming music files off the device. I have no idea if Tesla system streams the media or reads it quickly and keeps info in RAM..etc. So playing it safe.
2) I wanted dual game controllers in the car and manual says to not use a usb bridge in glovebox's USB-A.
3) I wanted to have parity with model y's built 3 weeks before my car. It's a silly feature to remove and very useful...but that's just me. I also added Apple CarPlay/Anderoid Auto to my car so I'm an oddball I guess.
4) It is easier to use the usb-c ports below infotainment screen than having to always open glovebox. I tend to take my music USB out of the car when not in use due to high cabin temperatures.
Hi, can u please let me know what did u buy and how u installed it?

I have a 2017 S and was using one of my USB ports for my music. One day it just stopped working. I took the USB and plugged into my laptop and the music plays just fine. My software version is 2021.24.28. Does that have anything to do with my USB not playing my music? I do not have the Sentry on at home and only use it occassionaly, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any help on getting my USB music to work again.

How did you add apple CarPlay? Using a pi?
I have a hansshow 9” linux based screen which mounts behind steering wheel. You can see another person’s setup and link to a video review here CarPlay & Android Auto Hack - Walkthrough.

My own review starts here and a few messages later I post more tips on preventing people phoning you from hearing their last statements 2 seconds later.

When you say splitter, is it the same as a hub minus the power requirement?