Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music with wireless USB stick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried to use a wireless USB stick for music in their car? I would ideally like to add music to the stick without ever needing to take it out of the car. Just wondering if this is possible and if so which USB drive would be the best.

Can anyone tell me what the proper folder setup should be for music on a USB or SSD? I have all my music converted to flax format, but am wondering if I should just dump it onto the disk in the root directory, or does it need to be in a specific folder?

Also, I have a specific Playlist - does that need to go in a specific folder? I noticed the teslamusic program put Music and Playlists in separate folders. Picking my 3 up next week and want things to be ready!

Can anyone tell me what the proper folder setup should be for music on a USB or SSD? I have all my music converted to flax format, but am wondering if I should just dump it onto the disk in the root directory, or does it need to be in a specific folder?

Also, I have a specific Playlist - does that need to go in a specific folder? I noticed the teslamusic program put Music and Playlists in separate folders. Picking my 3 up next week and want things to be ready!
Congratulations on your M3. The music can go on the root drive of the usb stick. I have mine mp3 format. I've read the protected ones from itunes will not show. Have fun and enjoy your new Tesla.

Just for fun I got a WiFi SanDisk USB stick off Amazon, and it’s basically been a nightmare. Nothing works as expected (if at all) and it’s too much work for not enough return, so I’ll be returning. I had another spare usb stick laying around that I was able to partition and load all ~34gb of music I still have and it works great for music and dashcam storage, provided I pause the recording prior to exiting.

Even though it’s a bit of a PITA right now, I’m still thrilled they gave us this feature and am excited about future enhancements to it.