TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Musical updates :-)

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by seyclone, Jul 25, 2018.

1. seyclone

seyclone Member

I keep seeing updates going as high as 2108.26.1. My software level has been 2018.24.7 since delivery on 07-17-2018. This morning the car downloaded new software update 2018.24.8. I can't really see an difference between 24.7 and 24.8.
    So, does anybody know if there are any differences between the two?
    And, why do some people get 26.x downloaded, when some people, like me are going from 24.7 to 24.8? In addition, why are some cars still stuck with 24.1?
    I reallize that these are not earth shattering issues, but it would be nice to get some factual information.

Also - something that is really needed is a backkup alarm that warns you when a car or pedestrian is approaching behind you.

2. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

They release updates in batches, so if there's a bug in one of the batches, they can roll back to only hit the small batches that were updated and not affect the entire fleet.