Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk confirms purpose of inside cabin camera

Are you going to activate the driver camera for autopilot?

• Yes, activate the camera, I'm tired of holding the wheel!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No, I''ll never do a software download again. Elon knows too much already.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No, I already have black electrician's tape over the camera.

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is said that Model 3 Has an Inside Camera Facing Driver .Want to know that if it could be used as Dash Cam in the future ?
微信图片_20170802182912.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-2_18-29-38.png
    upload_2017-8-2_18-29-38.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 66
So, full list of possible reasons that I've seen here and elsewhere:

* Tesla Network - security cam for people in your vehicle
* Autopilot (not FSD) - ensuring you are looking at the road. (similar to the steering wheel sensor now)
* In case of accident where Autopilot is blamed - see what driver was doing at the time
* Voice control - works alongside microphone to lip read and/or ensure that commands can only come from the driver, not from passengers or other audio sources
* Security - identify the driver via facial recognition before allowing them to start the car
* Safety - Identify movement in the vehicle - combine with temperature sensor to prevent overheating
* Selfies

The facial recognition stuff may seem far fetched but stuff like that is build into Windows 10 these days... It's just software.

Reactions: UTMB

* Autopilot (not FSD) - ensuring you are looking at the road. (similar to the steering wheel sensor now)
* In case of accident where Autopilot is blamed - see what driver was doing at the time
* Voice control - works alongside microphone to lip read and/or ensure that commands can only come from the driver, not from passengers or other audio sources
* Security - identify the driver via facial recognition before allowing them to start the car
* Safety - Identify movement in the vehicle - combine with temperature sensor to prevent overheating
* Selfies

The facial recognition stuff may seem far fetched but stuff like that is build into Windows 10 these days... It's just software.
I don't think facial recognition as much as face tracking which is far more useful for safety.

* Selfies

You forgot big brother monitoring by the Tesla overlords.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq