Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: 'Demand For Cybertruck Is Above What Tesla Can Do In 4 Years'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Tesla CEO said in the Q4 2019 earnings call the truck is better than people realize. Elon Musk was pretty excited about his company’s results in his talk to analysts. A lot is coming in the next two years, but it is no secret the Cybertruck is his favorite Tesla product ever. Despite the love-it-or-hate-it...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/01/31/demand-tesla-cybertruck-high/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
That is great news, except for me being at #446xxx, probably means I will be able to save up to buy the truck in cash by the time they get to me lol.
I agree, I am also back in line, which means waiting years and years. To be truly disruptive, they will need to be able to make millions of them. But the issue seems to be batteries, and until large numbers of batteries are available the number of electric vehicles will remain small.

Reactions: Brennerman
The Cybertruck will use the new Maxwell batteries that will begin production this year. Due to the body design, it does not look like it would be difficult to produce, but we’ll have to wait and see. Like the Model Y, I do have some hope that Tesla could beat production estimates even if it means some minor design changes to allow the vehicle to be street legal.

Reactions: Brennerman
The Cybertruck will use the new Maxwell batteries that will begin production this year. Due to the body design, it does not look like it would be difficult to produce, but we’ll have to wait and see. Like the Model Y, I do have some hope that Tesla could beat production estimates even if it means some minor design changes to allow the vehicle to be street legal.
Elon was having PTSD talking about Cybertruck production on the podcast. He said it could present a ton of challenges as it’s something completely new. However, I agree with the idea that it will be easier than expected. As long as Elon doesn’t get too crazy with robotics.

Has anyone given any thought to a camper shell that could be mounted on it? I'd love to see this:

The pop-up feature would allow it to be garaged; the window space is fantastic; it looks wide enough to sleep a six-footer; and it even has a similar side-view elevation to the Cybertruck.
----------
While I'm here, though, I might as well share a question I've had for years: why didn't Elon start by supplying the US Post Office with local delivery vehicles that could be summoned? There's even an old Jimmy Durante movie about a milkman who had a truck that followed him on his route, as a sort of precedent. The USPO alone would absorb a million vehicles or more, I would guess. And utilities vehicles like buses, that have predictable daily routes that are way less than 300 miles? Another million of those at least?

Rich
Alto Safari 1.png
Alto Safari 2.png
Alto Safari 1.png

Attachments

• Alto Safari 3.png
    Alto Safari 3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
Dang, im just 463,578 in line lol. This truck will be obsolete by then and we will be flying around in space ships or something knowing my luck

dude that’s assuming everyone takes it... how long did it take to get trough the Almost half million M3 backlog? And that was with a $1k deposit, which signals you’re more serious than the current $100 deposit.

It's just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100. So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line.
Thanks for that info. I had no Idea how to decipher the reservation number. Makes me feel much better knowing I’m at 35k. i may change my order to the most expensive to move up. Many will never purchase the truck and half a million may turn out to be 300k.

I'm excited! I'm sure the first 50k+ orders were pretty much diehard Tesla fans ( me included), but I think a high percentage of the first 50k are multiple order trims (like me) that will choose just one when we can actually order. So, even though I'm res# 40kish, I'm expecting to get mine pretty soon after run up ( 2-3 months?)

Reactions: RedOctober