Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Hypes ‘Exciting Things’ for Battery Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk hyped the company’s upcoming “Battery Day” Friday, promising “many exciting things.”

The event, which was delayed for months and rescheduled because of the Covid-19 pandemic, is intended to inform investors on the company’s latest developments. Tesla had previously teased the event as a “Powertrain and Battery Investor Day.” Musk later said that the event will primarily focus on batteries.

But, given that five months have passed since the originally scheduled date, Tesla may have considerably more to announce. That’s after Musk said in April that “there’s a lot to talk about” regarding the company’s battery research and development.

Tesla watchers have speculated that the company may give details on a homegrown battery cell manufacturing process that will offer more efficiency at a lower cost. The company has reportedly been conducting research and development at a facility near its Fremont, Calif. factory. 

Battery Day, scheduled for September 22, will be mostly a virtual event, except for a few people in attendance.

What do you expect from Battery Day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk hyped the company’s upcoming “Battery Day” Friday, promising “many exciting things.” Many exciting things will be unveiled on Battery Day 9/22 ⚡️— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 11, 2020 The event, which was delayed for months and rescheduled because of the Covid-19 pandemic, is intended to inform investors on the company’s latest developments....

I would be more excited if more Tesla owners could participate! It sucks that most people that want to attend, can't. And even watching it on stream will be a hassle due to lack access. Tesla has got to do better on this front!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
Yeah, how about an update on the one-million robotaxis. Must be a few around somewhere by now, he’s only got a couple months left. Little did we know he would make them *invisible* ... Poof ... mind blowing.

Or the factory revisions required to “produce cars with no steering wheels” in 2021.

Those would be cool.

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy
About Tesla stock. The easy part was knowing when to buy it. The hard is part is knowing when to sell it. But everytime I think about selling it, I drive my Model X and think there is no way I'm selling this stock.

I know, I have the same problem! Now my portfolio is heavy towards Tesla and it dominates my results everyday; no desire to sell, it would all go to taxes! It is up over 800%. Try and get that at the bank!