Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk In ‘8th Circle of Production Hell’ Camps on Gigafactory Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted Thursday that he’s experiencing the “8th circle” of production hell and is willing to camp on the Gigafactory roof to save time.

Musk also gave a nod to the Nevada Gigafactory team’s hard work.

The camping explanation in his tweet came after he shared a video on Instagram of himself toasting whiskey, singing Johnny Cash and roasting marshmallows around a campfire burning on the roof of the Gigafactory.

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

With a total planned floor space of 13.6 million square feet, Musk’s followers joked that he should list the Gigafactory on Airbnb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: calisnow
The eighth circle of hell is the lowest, the worst
In Dante’s The Inferno there are 9 circles, the ninth is the worst. See Inferno (Dante) - Wikipedia

The fact that Elon referenced the eight circle could also be interpreted that Model 3 production was at the ninth circle and things are improving. That is the way I would interpret it, based on the available evidence we have about the Model 3 production process. There were a couple of supplier bottlenecks. Those suppliers were fired and replacements have been found. Production is proceeding. We know that Model 3 drivetrains are made at the Gigafactory. Elon was taking a break on the roof, for fun. Good for him.

Reactions: arcus
The fact that Elon referenced the eight circle could also be interpreted that Model 3 production was at the ninth circle and things are improving. That is the way I would interpret it, based on the available evidence we have about the Model 3 production process
And...I was correct. Elon said in the Q3 earnings call today, quote “We were in level 9 and now we are in level 8”.

the_9_levels_of_hell.jpg