Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: Model 3 to be 35k w/o tax credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I heard that too. And he clarified his understanding of the Bolt being $30,000 after $7,500 incentive, making the Model 3, actually, less expensive at 27,500 after incentives, if I got it correctly. When can I sign up for a Model 3?

Yes, I heard that too. And he clarified his understanding of the Bolt being $30,000 after $7,500 incentive, making the Model 3, actually, less expensive at 27,500 after incentives, if I got it correctly. When can I sign up for a Model 3?

There will not be many Federal Tesla EV credits left when Model 3 debuts if any.

If there are you need to reserve as soon as announced and file your taxes soon after taking delivery for best chances of getting the entire credit. After 200k Teslas get the full credit the dollar amount drops every quarter for the year then is eliminated for the next calendar year.

There will not be many Federal Tesla EV credits left when Model 3 debuts if any.

If there are you need to reserve as soon as announced and file your taxes soon after taking delivery for best chances of getting the entire credit. After 200k Teslas get the full credit the dollar amount drops every quarter for the year then is eliminated for the next calendar year.

That's a shame. We need so many more EVs in this country that we shouldn't even be thinking about cutting back incentives. That's ok. I'll just focus on CA as everything else that I say falls on deaf ears in Washington.