Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk promises better Summon coming "next year"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
upload_2018-10-31_14-21-19.png

Earlier Musk said that a new Summon is in the works that will use the cameras. Now we have more details.

Yes, I am aware of "Elon Time" so take it with a grain salt. But still pretty cool. This new Summon sounds like it will be for FSD. So I am guessing it is something that Tesla hopes to do with the new AP3 chip also coming next year.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-31_14-21-9.png
    upload_2018-10-31_14-21-9.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 64
a) I'm VERY skeptical.
b) There's no guarantee that any existing car will get this feature. Look for Super Auto Pilot to be available for $6000 ($8000 after delivery) to replace the current EAP option. It actually will do less than EAP or AP1 when delivered, but the future enhancements due within a countable number of months will more than make up for that.

a) I'm VERY skeptical.
b) There's no guarantee that any existing car will get this feature. Look for Super Auto Pilot to be available for $6000 ($8000 after delivery) to replace the current EAP option. It actually will do less than EAP or AP1 when delivered, but the future enhancements due within a countable number of months will more than make up for that.

You should have a drink, and then a nice lie down... :D

Reactions: PhatCat
a) I'm VERY skeptical.

Oh, you're right, there's no guarantee. But Smart Summon is listed as an EAP feature, not an FSD feature which means that the (non-)driver is responsible. At low speed it use the sensors as a fallback.

So, I don't think this is a bit stretch.

LOL... No way is Tesla that close to being able to offer this. No way. Assuming NoA is representative of the current state of AP development, they have a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way to go... Years...

Jeff
If difficulty scales with kinetic energy, 5 MPH in a parking lot should be 0.6% the difficulty of 65 MPH NoA. This brings in the 6 month high end time limit to 1 day. If it scales linearly, then it'll be ready in a couple weeks. :)

(sign reading doesn't scale at all, so it may be 6 months...)