Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk said all cars would get HW 3.0, according to InsideEVs Article

Should Telsa upgrade all HW 2.5 to 3 for free after the date Musk said this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk talks Tesla Autopilot rewrite, says 'a lot of new functionality in 2-4 months' - Electrek
As part of the rewrite, Musk says that the “neural net is absorbing more and more of the problem.”

So you don't think HW3 will provide significant advantages here. This underscores my point!
Basic AP could probably benefit from better object in lane recognition. There is nothing we know so far that would indicate some improvements won’t trickle down in that respect. Other than that what else would you be looking for?

The re-write is to do things like 3D modeling of intersections to handle turns, roundabouts, intersections, etc...

NONE of that impacts standard AP functionality, since that's just "holding your current lane" and TACC.

Sounds like 2-4 years to me. lol
Perhaps, but my point is even more valid now. With a rewrite of AP (not FSD), HW3 will most likely improve AP functionality. I feel swindled out of HW3. I do feel Tesla hid the hardware version when I purchased the car in June of 2019. Only in 2020 were we able to see the version of hardware in the console. I stupidly trusted Tesla when we were told they had "switched" to new hardware (before my car was built). Now I am stuck with the old 2.5 hardware unless I pay $$$ for FSD!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Perhaps, but my point is even more valid now. With a rewrite of AP (not FSD), HW3 will most likely improve AP functionality. I feel swindled out of HW3. I do feel Tesla hid the hardware version I had when I purchased the car in June of 2019. Only in 2020 were we able to see the version of hardware in the console. I stupidly trusted Tesla when we were told they had "switched" to new hardware (before my car was built). Now I am stuck with the old 2.5 hardware unless I pay $$$ to FSD!
Why didn't you know what HW version you were getting. I thought it was pretty much common knowledge when they switched over for all. Even so, you only need HW 2.5 to support what you currently have. Who knows what this rewrite will provide. If you want HW3, you really should have upgraded to FSD. A lot of people upgraded just to be able to get the hardware upgrade.

Perhaps, but my point is even more valid now. With a rewrite of AP (not FSD), HW3 will most likely improve AP functionality. I feel swindled out of HW3. I do feel Tesla hid the hardware version when I purchased the car in June of 2019. Only in 2020 were we able to see the version of hardware in the console. I stupidly trusted Tesla when we were told they had "switched" to new hardware (before my car was built). Now I am stuck with the old 2.5 hardware unless I pay $$$ for FSD!

What ever it is. I don’t trust Tesla anymore. So what i bought is what I have. I’m no longer chasing anything they plan to “provide”

Why didn't you know what HW version you were getting. I thought it was pretty much common knowledge when they switched over for all. Even so, you only need HW 2.5 to support what you currently have. Who knows what this rewrite will provide. If you want HW3, you really should have upgraded to FSD. A lot of people upgraded just to be able to get the hardware upgrade.
The "switch over" was a lie. They put old hardware in my new Tesla and the only way at the time to tell, was to rip open the dash.

It is annoying that Elon lies (a lot), but this is also caveat emptor: what he claims in some conference talk is not part of your sales agreement and you only have recourse for what it says you bought on your bill of sales. Elon was clearly inspired by the reality distortion that Jobs was able to create and he’s taken it to a point where it‘s hard to make a distinction between outright deception. That‘s not good and such behavior has got him in trouble with the SEC, among others. I sympathize with your situation, but unless you can show us some deception on the part of the sales contract you signed this is all pie in the sky. Also the software you‘re using is just autosteer plus acc. That barely requires a cpu, much less HW3.

Sucks if you want to try FSD subscription and you bought in 2019 and didn't get the FSD chip T_T have to shell out $1500
$1500 seems like a very fair price to me for that computing power.

And without a long-term subscription commitment, I would never expect them to provide such an upgrade at no cost - they'd lose their shirt!

Sucks if you want to try FSD subscription and you bought in 2019 and didn't get the FSD chip T_T have to shell out $1500
Sucks that I paid premium for the car in 2018. It’s more expensive back then. Then it is now even after rebates. Not to mention I paid $5000 for Enhanced auto pilot and in Feb 2019 he offered FSD for $5000 for those who didn’t buy FSD or EAP. Rewarded those who didn’t support him. So F that. I’m not giving him another dime. My co-worker got lucky on the whole time time and I got screwed on the whole timeline. So I’m still bitter.