Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk Says Boring Company’s L.A. Tunnel is ‘Almost Done’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk said Thursday that the the Boring Company’s tunnel under Los Angeles is “almost done” and pending regulatory approval will be offering free rides in “a few months.”

The 2-mile tunnel was proposed to originate in Hawthorne and extend to the Los Angeles International Airport.

The Boring Company plans to dig a network of tunnels for a high-speed transportation system. The company has teased images of vehicles it plans to build for transporting people and cargo through the tunnels and recently purchased $400,000 worth of electric motors and batteries from Tesla.

Login • Instagram

Musk said on Instagram that system will eventually give priority to pods for pedestrians and cyclists for less than the cost of a bus ticket.

The Los Angeles tunnel is considered proof-of-concept for Musk’s underground transportation system. The company has plans to dig tunnels connecting Washington DC to New York and LA to San Francisco projects. The company has said that the East Coast route will take just 29 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exciting !

For decades I have envisioned a public transport system that is connected at the ends by bicycles and in the middle by efficient, high speed transport.

Leave it to Elon to get it done.

Take a lesson from Paris. I thought that was such a COOL idea to have public bicycles feeding mass transit.

Glad I got to see it. But:

Wheels come off Paris bike-share scheme after €700m

People were stealing 100% of the bicycles per year. ie - if there were 20,000 bikes in January, they had to buy 20,000 bikes before the end of the year. They were loading them in cargo containers and shipping them to Africa even.

Take a lesson from Paris. I thought that was such a COOL idea to have public bicycles feeding mass transit.

Glad I got to see it. But:

Wheels come off Paris bike-share scheme after €700m

People were stealing 100% of the bicycles per year. ie - if there were 20,000 bikes in January, they had to buy 20,000 bikes before the end of the year. They were loading them in cargo containers and shipping them to Africa even.
I see no relationship at all between this article and the OP's message. I interpreted his vision that he wants to ride his OWN bicycle at both ends of his journey the middle of which includes a ride in a high-speed, underground pod. I agree that, that would be really cool.

Reactions: SageBrush