Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Says Cyberquad Will Be ‘Least Dangerous ATV’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

When Tesla debuted the norm-defying Cybertruck they surprised fans with an all-electric ATV prototype that will be sold alongside the truck.

It doesn’t seem the four-wheeler was a prop for the Cybertruck event. Chief Executive Elon Musk said Thursday during the company’s shareholder meeting that the company’s upcoming factory in Texas will produce the Cyberquad in addition to the Cybertruck.

Musk also provided some new details on the Cyberquad’s development. Noting that ATVs can often be dangerous and prone to flipping over. Tesla aims to create a safer design.

“The ATV is an interesting design challenge because ATVs are pretty dangerous,” Musk said. “And so, we want to make an ATV that is the least dangerous ATV… So it will have a really low center of gravity because the battery pack will be down low. And I think we could do some things with the suspension and just make it really hard to roll this thing.”

Unfortunately, it will be a while before the Cybertruck and Cyberquad become available. Musk said limited production of the Cybertruck will begin at the end of 2022 and volume production will begin in 2023.

Are you interested in adding the Cyberquad as an accessory to your Cybertruck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true… I mean, I don’t know actually. It’s easy to lie.

Musk added some details about how Tesla plans to make that happen:

“It will have a very low center of gravity because the battery pack is going to be down low. I think we can do some things with the suspension to make it really hard to roll this thing. When an ATV is rolling is when bad things happen. It’s going to be the ATV that won’t roll.”
It doesn’t sound like Tesla is at an advanced stage of design for the Cyberquad.

As we previously reported, the original prototype unveiled at the Cybertruck event was a Yamaha Raptor ATV converted to electric with a Zero Motorcycle powertrain.

Tesla certainly has some time to make it happen. At the event today, Musk again linked the Cyberquad to the Cybertruck, which is itself delayed to late 2022.

Musk added some details about how Tesla plans to make that happen:

It doesn’t sound like Tesla is at an advanced stage of design for the Cyberquad.

As we previously reported, the original prototype unveiled at the Cybertruck event was a Yamaha Raptor ATV converted to electric with a Zero Motorcycle powertrain.

Tesla certainly has some time to make it happen. At the event today, Musk again linked the Cyberquad to the Cybertruck, which is itself delayed to late 2022.

You can change my quote if you want. But I know someone at Zero. And others involved. Do some digging and you'll find I'm reliable.

Just like someone will buy a early-run Cybertruck, take it to the firing range, and blast it with everything they & friends have to "test" the nominally bulletproof claim. And how a great many random passers-by will chuck heavy objects at the windows to see if they'll break.

Just like rear-end collisions increased for a while after "anti-lock breaks" were introduced, as idiots thought they'd stop instantly and didn't have to brake early to avoid collisions.

• Funny
Reactions: SilentFlight
Hopefully Tesla will team with this duo to get the quad to market faster...

I've been in discussions with my local Polaris dealer as to how to order the Li battery powered Ranger. So far, not even the dealers have any more information on the ATV other than the 5 PR videos. Stay tuned. More information is coming in December 2021.