Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Musk Says Cybertruck Updates Coming Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla plans to reveal an updated design for the Cybertruck in “a month or so,” Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter.

Tesla has been giving consideration to the Cybertruck’s hulking proportions, which could prevent the wildly-styled, bulletproof, pickup from fitting into the average suburban garage.

So, there’s a chance the truck could shrink slightly all around. Or, maybe not. Musk seems reluctant to change much, but says the new design is better, featuring many minor tweaks.

“Even the small details matter,” Musk tweeted.

Tesla has more than half a million reservations for the truck, so it will be interesting to hear reactions from consumers who have already shown intent to purchase the Cybertruck.

Tesla plans to build the vehicle at a new factory in Texas, which is currently under construction. The first examples of the the production Cybertruck are expected to roll off the line late next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt he say that tri motor 500 mile range was first?

Not in yesterday's podcast. Rogan asked Elon about range for the CT and he said the initial model would be more than 300 miles based on an undetermined battery pack size. To me that says that the dual motor CT is first in production. I guess that makes sense in a way considering the ramp up needed for 4680 cells.

Too bad the Trimotor is not the first (since that’s what I have on reservation). Tesla seems to have moved away from selling their most expensive versions first.
I'm personally OK with the tri-motor coming out a bit later, I want Tesla to work out the bugs / production issues before making mine, I plan to hang onto it for a while.

I had Rivian reach out and confirm to me that they will be offering Solar charging (whether via Tonneau for bed cover) or additional panels offboard.. but announcement yet to come formally. As well as their "Adventure network blah blah" which is just mental to invest in for off road locations.. contrast this with the absence of normal engagement like all the other brands also showing progress on their electric trucks.

Tesla updates Cybertruck production timeline after strong pre-orders - Electrek

The single motor and dual motor were planned to be first in production. The tri motor and single motor flipped after Tesla saw the overwhelming disparity between reservations of the 2. The dual motor has always been targeted for late 2021. Elon's recent update on the Joe Rogan podcast implied that the dual motor would be first in production.

So Tri motor is when then? They cant seem to get their date right (a usual Tesla thing we all know about) but per the link posted, it shows "Late 2021" for Tri motor.
Yeah, they haven't officially updated anything. Latest update was Elon saying that a few might be delivered at the end of 2021 and production will ramp up in 2022, but who knows how solid that prediction is.

Yeah, they haven't officially updated anything. Latest update was Elon saying that a few might be delivered at the end of 2021 and production will ramp up in 2022, but who knows how solid that prediction is.
Yep, it’s about managing our expectations. From what I see, the demand based upon the pre-reservations and the current state of production; no one should expect general availability before mid 2022.

Reactions: El joe