Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk Says Final Cybertruck Design ‘Looking Good’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It sounds like the final design of the Tesla Cybertruck is getting close.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter that he had just visited the design studio and thought the highly-anticipated vehicle is “looking good.”

Production of the Cybertruck is expected to begin at the end of this year at the company’s Texas factory, currently under construction. Wide delivery of the truck is expected to begin in 2022.

The Cybertruck will be one of the wildest vehicles on the road. The angular, raw metal exterior makes it an obvious standout, but the performance benefits of an all-electric vehicle should also help the truck prove itself as a worker.

Musk said in November an updated design for the Cybertruck would come in “a month or so.”

Tesla has been giving consideration to the Cybertruck’s hulking proportions, which could prevent the wildly-styled, bulletproof, pickup from fitting into the average suburban garage.

Musk said recently on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast that the final version of the Cybertruck would shrink by about 3% in its final form.

The electric pickup market is shaping up as Tesla gets closer to production for the Cybertruck. Rivian’s R1T will start deliveries this year and the largest pickup manufacturers like GM and Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still in hibernation?
1635386702121.gif

Reactions: TessP100D
Last November (two weeks), Elon said that they were very close to finishing EVERYTHING on the details of the cyber(nota)truck. he said something about a couple of months. I remember thinking that it would be 3-4 months then.
And now I got nuthin.

A long time ago when people like you were saying it would be all over the roads in 2021, I said it would be lucky if it came by 2023. Now you have move the goal posts to 2023. What’s next…. 2025, 2027?
Don’t know about others, I knew that I won’t see Cybertruck before 23. Which works with my plan on buying it in 23-24 since our 3 will be at the end of the 4 year warranty in 23. Also as Y was Important strategic move for Tesla I believe Cybertruck is next strategic move to capture more market share from ice producers. And then Semi.